Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Personia War I

Dex-chan lover
@Soonbesoon of the top of my head I can't remember correctly if they lost land to the mercenaries or not, but Italy had a lot of problems with mercenaries and was often ransacked due to unpaid wages in medieval times when they were a coalition of city states and lost of its autonomy to mercenaries armies.
There is also quite a few times Romans had trouble with mercenaries uprising and I think the visigoths took land from Rome to form its kingdom when the romans where an Empire, take what I say with a grain of salt tho

Dex-chan lover
In addition to what Roland said, Soonebesoon, there was a city on the island of Sicily that was captured by mercenaries, and then captured again by a _different_ band of mercenaries, which was one of the catalysts of one of the Punic Wars (first I think?) between Rome and Carthage.

@Cedddd in title page of this manga you have link to novel updates where you can link to fan translation. Sadly it's only around end of vol. 1. And didn't moved for two years.

@Soonbesoon considering this manga's playing up the fantasy Byzantine angle the Catalan Company comes to mind. Made up of Spanish veterans from Italian wars they were hired by the Byzzies to fight the Turks in Anatolia but ended up looting the greeks in those lands as well. The byzantines didn't take kindly to that and tried to expel them through force multiple times but kept getting trounced. Theyd move west eventually settling in Greece and taking over the Duchy of Athens after betraying the Duke that hired them there. Apparently the memories of them were so long lived citizens of Catalan were only allowed onto Mt Athos in 2000.

NICE! Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
The biggest problem of Dalio is that his enemy is using brain and utilizing the resource far more efficient by judging how to use them rather than how to use them as a bait in this battle.

This world nobles are only thought soldiers as a piece that can be sacrificed, thats true with Dalios. How ever, MC didnt think that way. He was thinking how to efficiently use the soldiers battle skills to gain advantage to non thinker Dalios.

Dalios already lost the tactical and strategy game. He can only win base on their strength and numbers, which MC's capability lacks most.
If Dalios is not a Thinker but a real veteran soldier, his instinct will definitely boil blood by feeling there's something more in the battle field than what eye can see. He should suspect MC is using traps and tactics to subjugate him, rather than confronting him at front...

Dex-chan lover
who's the girl at the end? is he being "entertained" by a prostitute?

@doomer She's appeared before and I don't think they've really gone into detail beyond implying she's some sorta deity/devil/spirit thing.

@dextersTomato Not really.
The main problems with Dalio is that he underestimated his opponent and he didn't consider the possibility of loyalty issues.
He allowed his kingdom to have a enormous defensive flaw because he didn't believe his opponent would exploit it.
He didn't consider matters outside of military strategy and he never thought there would be traitors or an uprising he couldn't suppress at the worse possible time.

Users who are viewing this thread