Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Winner and The Loser

Dex-chan lover
> REMEMBER, Carolina says she will reward MC when he confront Dalios on the few previous chapters.
Now, the first rewards was a kiss on his cheek. I am now excited for the next reward... I cant wait...

> The first son, being jealous of the glory that MC bought on the empire.
Shameless. He was shameless...
First of all, being in the battlefield needs a total focus and self control.
If you are breaking a vase because something are not within your expectation, you are already a step behind from MC...

Dex-chan lover
His inherent magic made it possible for him to defeat an enemy only once, then get absolute fealty from them. That magic was very suitable for a conqueror.

Ty for the chapter ! looks the manga might catch up whit the web novel 🤦🏿‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
Y'all should realize the mc is seeing Dalios in utilitarian way

In one hand he had caused a lot of suffering to the nation and some of it's people
In other hand his skills are no jokes, so he can't just be casted away.

MC's action is very logical, since the Dalios himself cares a lot to his own raised mercs. Making him a subordinate with strong hooks in form of the mercs being interpreted as hostages.

Fed-Kun's army
In terms of war and politics, it doesn't matter what what horrible things you did in the past if you are useful in the future. People say MC is being too soft hearted. I say he's being a right bastard of a politician. Read up on 'Operation Paperclip' for a real life example.

The mc like me when I'm playing ck3, I'm always trying to recruit captured enemy knight with excellent prowess.

@Grimmycoffee remember the fourth crusade? Maybe it will happen.

Dex-chan lover
good chapter, it really is refreshing to see an mc who can bear fangs and not be unnecessarily soft

Fed-Kun's army
What's this, some kind of low-quality fire emblem? Dalios is clearly a psychopath, rapist and genocide, but the mc give him a reward for all destruction he caused?? EXCUSE ME???

I know Dalios can still be very useful, but a retainer? Turning the previous enemy, hated by most of the people, as one of his close aids doesn't sounds very wise

The americans did the same after ww2, they recruited the most talented german officers, scientists and engineers.

"You've lost the war to a kid. I guess that makes you suitable to be our tactician!"
(-_-)

Yeah, not very convincing....

Dex-chan lover
@DeathDonut
I mean he did lose when the mc had everything in his favor but also admitted that if it was a fair fight he would have definitely lost so this isn’t really all that bad

What gots me worried is the fact is he now hiring a what seems to be a rather bad guy to be a retainer for him (then again mc might be going with “ruling by fear” thing)

Thing is - it's not like MC have a choice. At the moment he have one general that can handle army. Even if he would lead second army himself it's not impossible to suffer attack from three sides... and result wouldn't be pretty. Experienced commanders don't grow on trees after all... well, at least in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread