Heterogeneous Linguistics - Ch. 43 - Washing Up In An Underwater Cave

Dex-chan lover
Before it went for the hivemind angle, my guess was that the "Sea People" would turn out to be a sentient stretch of water, that's why he couldn't see "them".

Dex-chan lover
I caught up with your TLs Kaisermutt, love your credit pages. Wanted to ask if you've ever read The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes, there's a lot of concepts from it that resonate with this series, especially with the importance of linguistics in the development of civilization.
I'm a huge fan of that book, totally agree that it has lots of resonant concepts with this series. Even if you don't find his arguments or evidence super convincing, they're almost guaranteed to be compelling and will spark your imagination on these fundamental ideas. I think this series does a good job of that too... even though the setting is fantasy, it really opens your eyes to a lot of concepts of mind, communication, and consciousness in a cool way.

Dex-chan lover
I have absolutely no idea what is going on more than half the time in this manga

Dex-chan lover
I have absolutely no idea what is going on more than half the time in this manga
Same, i just go along with it. Still, it's interesting to see a different take on a monster society and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread