HG ni Koisuru Futari - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius Absolutely. I cheered when (spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched the show)
Shin broke down like a bitch and watched on while Athrun and Kira basically won the whole last fight themselves. I also hated Stella and found I did not even care when she died.

Dex-chan lover
@MesaOracle Yeah, the Enhanced or whatever they were called were so poorly written that it wasn't even very cathartic when they died. Of course, Stella in particular was very meh, since she was literally just Four from Zeta, which would make Shin Kamille... Which actually explains a lot, since they're both whiny little bitches.

Group Leader
Fun first chapter, but apparently the translator thinks their readers are stupid by leaving translator notes for the most obvious of things. I didn't know its full title of Gundam X until I read the TL notes, wow! I totally won't get this valuable information just by Googling a series from an extremely popular and well-known mecha franchise.

Double-page supporter
My 1st is Wing in 99 membeer I was only 5 then I would always sing along with the OP man

Dex-chan lover
I just wanted to say thank you for the thorough list of explanations and references. I like them. (Also thank you for the rest of your hard work. :)

Group Leader
Page 11/24, the whole point of the joke was that she did not say all of that on the previous page. The correct translation would go something like "As if I would say it out loud. That'd be the end of my life right there, stupid." (with that "stupid" half-addressed, in a manzai sort of way, to the reader who very much expected that to happen)

Dex-chan lover
I'm in. Also, Kiminari is Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai? Can I read it? Is it good?

@SHiNxAoi I'm just grateful to the translator for all these explanations as I'm completely unaware of what the gundam is and of what series it consists of. I'm so clueless that I couldn't google it because I even don't know what exactly should I have googled (and even if I knew, I would be too lazy), so yeah, thanks. Mainly, for the dates, so that I get these age jokes.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, just search for a circle. Im in a small town where gundam is practically unknown, and I still managed to find a group of people who have the same hobby. Its Japan ffs, its baffling that the girl didn't find any community whatsoever.

Sword Impulse Gundam was my first. I can never forget the cool sequences when Impulse first launched and assembled

Users who are viewing this thread