HG ni Koisuru Futari - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
so MC x older brother and lil sis x shota brat looks like it might go that way OTL feelsbadman

Dex-chan lover
One of my first (and most precious) Gunpla was Gundam Heavyarms Custom (I think?), Endless Waltz version. I fell in love with the whole concept: fit as many guns as possible and call it a day.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaand dropped. Seed destiny? Really?
Terrible series with a terrible main character.

Seed aside. Western mecha/anime fans got nothing to talk if the majority of them think Wings or IBO is that high-up in the totem pole and yet not even watched the OG series. Those are the same kind of morons who shit talked ZZ.

But still, Shinn was a horrible protagonist and I couldn't connect with his character at all despite me being in the same situation too, being 16 when I watched Seed Destiny as it aired. But being a either you hate it or you love it kind of thing might be good too. Can't please everybody, and if you can bring out passionate hate/love keeps the discussions going, better than being bland and boring I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Oh she likes seed that much? Guess it's time to drop this ma- I'M KIDDING!! XDD JUST KIDDING!! I dropped seed in the first episodes, as I said in a previous chapter I think, but I know that feel when you feel a connection to a character, so I totally dig this, and all hate aside, the gundams models were simply fucking cool, there's no argument against that.

>Page 5

After all, she only likes her for her money TAT such cruel world

New girl?! o.o Interesting...

Hey it's really uncool to pretend something doesn't exist but can I pretend the shota isn't there? xP he sounds like a pain already!

Thank you and wow such a wonderful colored page!

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata I'm confused. Is it a shouta? Damn moe, they always look like androgynous characters from the gender intrigue manga.

Fed-Kun's army
@gloeilamp As someone whose favorite Gundam series is Zeta, I think Shinn had a lot of potential in Destiny if the writing past the first few episodes weren't so terrible. He really resembles Kamille Bidan with a lot of understandably pent up anger and frustration like many troubled teenagers do, but never gets a chance to resolve it the way Kamille does because the series pivoted to worshiping Kira and literally villainizing Shinn. I can definitely understand why someone would relate to him as a character even though his series as a whole is hot trash, which is basically the whole point of this chapter.

Group Leader
As someone who have watched SEED Destiny, I can say the story is dumb but the mech designs are top tier.

Dex-chan lover
Good ol' Shinn, getting your show hijacked by Our Lord and Savior.
And well, it's not a Gundam, but my first (properly-built) Gunpla was my GM Cold Districts Type. I love you, big guy.

Kinda didn't expect a manga to actually portray the kind of thoughts about Gundam SEED Destiny that you'd most often seen among the Western fandom, though even in Japan most of the love for SEED Destiny revolves around Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne afaik.

Also, Sora's mail address is so relatable... *looks at the email he's been using for 15 years now* 😚 Also such fortuitous timing given the release of the RG Force Impulse Gundam, which is looking to be an awesome kit.

Fed-Kun's army
I sorta relate to our MC relating to SEED Destiny. That and SEED are the only Gundam anime I've watched all the way through, and I remember the mech fights being awesome. I loved the designs (particularly the Strike Gundam, of course, and the Strike Freedom), and I remember hating both Shinn and Kira but liking Athrun the most out of the protagonists. My friends never talked about Gundam, so I don't know about the hate regarding the series, but it's definitely an anime that has a special place in my heart by accident, lmao.
I went and ordered an MG Aile Striker today because this manga reminded me I wanted to pick one up. Whoops.

As for ships... I say we going all-in with the big gay.

Dex-chan lover
I was 7 when seed came out so my attention span ran out very fast for it was so small at the time and also its only available at 9pm at that time so I was forced to drop the series then. I do remember it did got a rerun of that episode very late at that night (I knew this because I tried to stay up all night, might be my first attempt at it). This was still the time in the PH when Toonami took over the late shows in cartoon network and a few rerun of old Hanna-barbera shows after it reached midnight(I think, I didn't give much care in monitoring my time at that age).

I have no plans of rewatching unless somebody convinces me really hard for me to try watching it again.

Dex-chan lover
@DragonTiger Definitely. I've always had a soft-spot for the Gouf from UC, so I really dug the Gouf Ignited from Destiny; even the titular Gundam was pretty awesome (really need to get the RG version one of these days). It's just too bad the writing was kinda ass. Just rehashes SEED's story from the other side, somehow finagles Athrun into working for ZAFT again, and manages to make Shinn even more unbearable than Kira.

... Though, that said, even Shinn looks like a decent protagonist next to Kio Asuno from Gundam AGE.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius Why is fandom, and it seems, the authors themselves hate SEED so much? I always thought that its premise was quite interesting as part of the franchise concept.

Double-page supporter
this series really brings you at that certain memory lane man...

And I really do hate how edgy destiny is...

Users who are viewing this thread