Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou - Vol. 8 Ch. 65.5 - Sasaki-san

Dex-chan lover
What a waste of a chapter, even for a .5. Ofc, I'm really appreciative for the translation, but I wonder what the purpose the author made this chapter for. It's not even slightly entertaining and adds nothing to either Ryou, nor the girl the half-chapter is named after. Her char is so shallow(Oh I fell in love because he gave me an umbrella... kyaaaa (>,< )! ) that she might as well not even exist. Its also stupid how he clearly states he has a girl he likes, and yet she still thinks she can win him over, even though she doesn't stand out in any way.

Contributor
What a waste of a chapter, even for a .5. Ofc, I'm really appreciative for the translation, but I wonder what the purpose the author made this chapter for. It's not even slightly entertaining and adds nothing to either Ryou, nor the girl the half-chapter is named after. Her char is so shallow(Oh I fell in love because he gave me an umbrella... kyaaaa (>,< )! ) that she might as well not even exist. Its also stupid how he clearly states he has a girl he likes, and yet she still thinks she can win him over, even though she doesn't stand out in any way.
I think it's more to showcase how Ryou is far more manipulative than he lets on. His whole persona is a facade built to impress someone who frankly just wants to use him. He's kind not because he wants to be kind, but because a Kind person is more desirable. She's just collateral damage in his attempts to convince Hibiki.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's more to showcase how Ryou is far more manipulative than he lets on. His whole persona is a facade built to impress someone who frankly just wants to use him. He's kind not because he wants to be kind, but because a Kind person is more desirable. She's just collateral damage in his attempts to convince Hibiki.
That does sound like a lot of sense... if one is to try to derive a meaning from it. It does make me think that it would be nice if they earnestly tried to delve into what makes their relationship work; its a very unique "give and take" scenario on both ends, but they do nothing with it or explore it. Drives me a bit mad, tbf =0v...

Users who are viewing this thread