Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou - Vol. 9 Ch. 71 - Rika

Dex-chan lover
After 60 chapters of being overshadowed by Hibiki, Rika finally gets a bit of time to shine. Really, I think she was just trying to copy a similar style to her father, but since her personality is incongruent with Sobue's style and subject of literature, it more than likely came off as just an imitation. Although this story tends to fail at explaining why a character's story is actually good, this time I could tell just from the characters reactions; the story Rika made this time reflected her easygoing and friendly nature, and I'm sure she was able to embody that characteristic more into that kind of work(my theory anyways).

Dex-chan lover
Literally everybody whose opinion mattered to her went out of their way to look for her to praise her story while she even kept it a 'secret'. Whew

And if you look at the scene with her teacher, she was so over the moon with Hibiki's praise that the earful she was getting barely registered in her head

Aggregator gang
Rika has always been one of my favorite characters, and I think her arc highlights one of the major reoccuring themes in this manga about what it means to be a creative force in an environment that has overwhelmingly talented individuals like Hibiki. People get so caught up in trying to reach the same heights (and in Rika's case, this is amplified by the legacy of her father) that they forget to express the one thing that no one else can: themselves.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Rika has always been one of me favorite characters, and I think her arc highlights one of the major reoccuring themes in this manga about what it means to be a creative force in an environment that has overwhelmingly talented individuals like Hibiki. People get so caught up in trying to reach the same heights (and in Rika's case, this is amplified by the legacy of her father) that they forget to express the one thing that no one else can: themselves.
Well said

Users who are viewing this thread