Hidamari Sketch - Vol. 11 Ch. 159

Dex-chan lover
Is it confirmed that Ume-sensei will end it before they start university?

Dex-chan lover
Is it confirmed that Ume-sensei will end it before they start university?
Neither Ume-sensei nor Kirara have actually given any indication of an imminent ending, as far as I'm aware. Still, I would be somewhat surprised if it kept going after Yuno and Miyako's graduation. For one thing, Ume has a lot of other projects on her plate these days. And for another thing, this type of manga rarely fares well when they do try to stick with it into university. Like that's what killed K-On, for example.

Dex-chan lover
Neither Ume-sensei nor Kirara have actually given any indication of an imminent ending, as far as I'm aware. Still, I would be somewhat surprised if it kept going after Yuno and Miyako's graduation. For one thing, Ume has a lot of other projects on her plate these days. And for another thing, this type of manga rarely fares well when they do try to stick with it into university. Like that's what killed K-On, for example.
It's just as well they end it with Yuno graduating. She was THE starting character. Might as well finish on her completing school

Dex-chan lover
That made me look up the status of Lucky Star, as I recall that also continued after the main four graduated, and I found that while it did go on hiatus in 2014, it continued in late 2022 and is still ongoing now. There's even a spinoff with the four in their 30s.

Group Leader
Previous volumes have 16-17 chapters. So is likely 3-4 chapters until the end.

Aggregator gang
Would be weird to continue it here, maybe as a spin-off later, but this series is named after the apartment building after all.

Not that I would mind if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread