High Position - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - Saigo Hanashi "Closing Words"

> Some possible futures may be "better" than what you have now. Some are certainly "worse." But the present is what you have and you can fix it with hard work and determination.

Great read. That ending just felt right to me. His life is far from over and I'm sure Amano has a lot more hurdles to go through, so it only makes sense that it's not the end of the story, but rather that it continues on. This manga offered me a window of introspection into my own lofty fantasies of what I'd do if I had the chance to redo it. In the end, like Amano I can't escape reality no matter how hard I daydream. Gotta focus on my path and where I'm headed.

Thanks for translating this.

A decent ending to a roller coaster of a manga. Thanks for the translation. :) You have good taste.

So Sachiko married him out of revenge, that's pretty low, don't like that type of woman. For me the moral of story is you should do something you want to. You want that highschool girl you like you get her. Even if she rejects you, you'll get humiliated it's still worth it. Doesn't matter what others think of you if you meet your own expectations. That way no feeling of regret.

Seeing Amano become more assertive and disciplined in his second chance was nice, even if he didn't remember any of it. It's a little bittersweet since he didn't get to live out a life with Satsuki, but, given that Miyu wouldn't have existed otherwise, I think the ending scenario might be a sort of best case. Also glad that he and Miyu were able to get along even if his relationship with Sachiko remained crappy. Wonder what the time travel model is, seems like there's parallel worldlines but also that some might have precedence? In that the original timeline is the one he returns to and he's most strongly influenced by the memories of the alternate time he spent in the past, while the other worlds don't seem to impact him.

Users who are viewing this thread