High-rise Invasion arrive

Why are people so confused? It's a sequel. It's just coincidence that he also carries a gun...

Yeah so baaaaasically this is a semi-sequel as this is an alternate dimension. A different world line created by (soon to be explained antagonist) as a result from our prequel’s events forcing them to attempt from a different dimension to become a god. So these characters will seem to be like ours from the prequel but they aren’t (with the exception of Rika manifesting across dimensions to assist in fighting against the antag.)
If you’re confused then ya it’s confusing....
I wouldn’t really think the original got axed per se, just probably the author being indecisive on how to end the series in totality and then he birthed a sequel.....

Praying that people actually read the comment section before getting the wrong ideas

@IdanaHamz the fourth grader level writing that happens sometimes is because the translation team is not the best, they aren't even native english. but i'm still glad that someones translating it even tho you gotta encrypt wtf is being said sometimes

So just to show who owns and who originally owned the weapons shown so far/try to explain some of the weapons(this is pretty long also let me know if I miss any as of the current chapter as I'm writing this is 33):
Senya's sniper - Sniper Mask's sniper (duh)
The new Juo's sniper - Also Sniper Mask's sniper (I'll explain later using Mochizuki/Kawamura's Wakizashi)
Oribe's sledgehammer - Rika's sledgehammer
The Management Ninja Mask's knives - The Student Mask's knives
Asuka's metal rod - The Great Mask's metal rod
Yuri's guns - still just Yuri's guns lol
Nise - Nise lol
Mochizuki's Wakizashi - Yoshida's Wakazashi (technically in the prequel it says that the original Juo was going to use it before Possessed-by-the-administrator-Yoshida took it)
Kawamura's Wakizashi - It's said it's the same as Mochizuki, so possibly a duplicate of Yoshida's Wakizashi (A cop in the beginning of the prequel is shown with a katana, but I don't think it's his).
Interesting as Kawamura's is more powerful than Mochizuki's sword as Kawamura's "reeks of misery". So it's possible that the reason there's two of the exact same sword is to show one which represents Juo, or even Yoshida when he was possessed by the administrator, and the other is the real Yoshida, who saw himself as a failure, thus Kawamura's sword "reeking of misery". However, it's possible the same can be said that the administrator's sword is the one that "reeks of misery" as he was the first to be brought into the High-rise building realm in the prequel, and the misery could come from him never having the chance to become god despite being in the realm the longest.
That being said, as for the snipers, it's possible that they represent different states of Sniper Mask's mentality, one sniper being from when he was controlled by the mask, and the other(most likely Senya's) being from when Sniper Mask was fully aware of who he was(Yuka Makoto).

Ho8

It bothers me how this sequel shits on the OG characters. They fleshed them out so nicely, got their development and now they are just being used as bait to draw my attention, 33 chapters in and there are no clear reasons why they behave the exact opposite way they were before.
But most importantly, Nise-chan not being on Yuri's team is just wrong, I'm dropping if it doesn't get rectified soon.

I'm amazed by the quality of this!

It really expands on some of the characters in the original, and provides a unique setting for a few characters that we used to know and love/hate! Though it's a bit shorter than the original, I feel as though negan did need more room to be fully fleshed out, and I think that he works great as a main protagonist of this new series. The walkers are the same as always, don't really have much to say about them, and the story is about what you would expect from AMC, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Overall a pretty good continuation to two of the most beloved characters of TWD...

No wait, fuck, I'm thinking about The Waking Dead: Dead City. Which manga did I just read again? I forgot

Dex-chan lover
I'm amazed by the quality of this!

It really expands on some of the characters in the original, and provides a unique setting for a few characters that we used to know and love/hate! Though it's a bit shorter than the original, I feel as though negan did need more room to be fully fleshed out, and I think that he works great as a main protagonist of this new series. The walkers are the same as always, don't really have much to say about them, and the story is about what you would expect from AMC, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Overall a pretty good continuation to two of the most beloved characters of TWD...

No wait, fuck, I'm thinking about The Waking Dead: Dead City. Which manga did I just read again? I forgot
completely unrelated but is TWD: Dead City that good?

Users who are viewing this thread