High-Rise Invasion

Fuh, it's shounen after all.
sqQlid7.jpg

Group Leader
Mh, so I followed this for 4ish years, and I gotta say it's neither great nor bad.
It's average. The begining showed good potential especialy as a fucked-up psychological/slasher manga, but then after a while the characters group up and territory wars happen.

I think the author lacked ideas past a certain points, or just wanted to draw battles. Regardless, it end up in many bloodbath and a rushed ending.

The chara design is the better point of this series, but unfortunately many characters are demoted to extra or even forgotten entirely.
The ending is kinda meaningless, it feels more like a cessfire than anything else.

I just hope the sequel will be different, and that it'd end in a much more concrete way.

Dex-chan lover
Fairly cool start that progressively got worse over time. Honestly wouldn't recommend with how it ends up in the later parts, but it's more decent than a lot of series I guess.

Group Leader
Ugh, just, ugh.
Between the god awful censorship and the monologuing, just... Ugh.

Well, finally ended even though I paused it for some time. It was OK but could have been better if not for all this battle stuff and more of the psychological/thriller stuff.

At least we know now why so many isekai stories are out, that's all because there is no God to currently manage the boundaries.

We'll see what season two will offers but I doubt it'll be as "interesting" as the first chapters of this one.

Tenkuu Shinpan sequel, Tenkuu Shinpan Arrive, was released today:
https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/10834108156670237877

So, why does Juo even fucking exist? Out of nowhere, no build up, oh shit we need another villain who is straight evil.

Buraisx:
That's exactly my feeling right now.
Tenkuu Shinpan suffers from what I consider one of the biggest drawbacks of japanese serialisation: if a manga does well, there's no way the editor will let the mangaka develop the plot to an end. So they create new characters, or nonsensical developpement to make it last longer. This brings nothing to the scenario or the narration, and the story drags on. I call that the manga's flabby belly. Then readers get tired with the loss of quality, the scores drop, and the editor presses the mangaka to release a quick and open end to leave room for another.
Nevermind the characters and stories they had started to develop. Nevermind the illogical end.

Anyways, rant off!

I used to read that manga almost from the start on Mangabox (it had an english sub site with a couple of mangas being translated, including this one) back in the days, following the releases on baka-updates. Going to read it to the end nevertheless, even if the quality is dropping. You never know, the authors sometimes have a flash of awesomeness...

Well, I soldiered through the last 20 episodes, and it was disappointing.
What's the point in wasting 30+ chapters on the yuo (that came out of nowhere and brought close to 0 to the overall story) arc?
As I said in my previous post, promising start, too long in the middle, hurried ending, not really making sense.

I don't know who said it on another post, but also too much repetitive combat, not enough scenario development.

Anyways, I can't complain, I got to read it for free, but I'm not going to read the sequel, and will be cautious on other works from this author.

Maybe I'm retarded and I've managed to miss it (I'm on ch. 94 so far), but
do the angels get a set of clothes along with their masks?

Not a lot of interesting characters, plot is sub par and the seemingly forced ecchi scenes make it awkward to read and enjoy as a horror. Just random panty shots and girls running with their knees hitting and arms swingin. Over sexualizes teenage girls and is just low key sexist imo.

I liked the manga, but Juo is a great example of terrible writing. Main antagonist who has been set up for a while is suddenly killed by a character that's randomly introduced and Juo becomes the new main antagonist from literally no where, we've never heard of this guy at this point and suddenly he's the big bad

This was a great concept, I remember reading this back then and got really immersed in the story, specially since the releases take way too long, so once in a while I backtrack and relive some favorite parts

Yeah this manga had it's ups and downs especially near the end, they honestly could've done well without the Juo arc, kinda felt like a filler

For the ending arc and ending itself, it felt... well yeah lacking and was quite rushed, I wanted something more to it, I feel like it could have had more to it, a bit more development for the characters

None the less the combat scenes were great idk what tf everyone else is saying, yeah the ecchi elements were... idk tbh

Overall I don't highly recommend it for everyone, it has an interesting concept which was kinda new to me and made me venture more into the action horror scene

thanks for the past few years, sniper mask badass

Users who are viewing this thread