High-Rise Invasion

Fed-Kun's army
Started off decently (not wow level, but okay I can continue this level) but unfortunately goes downhill. Would not recommend a read because the ending is not at all satisfying and characters are fairly boring.

I'm planning to read this becase of the anime hype after Netflix's announcement.

I want to know if this is yuri? 'Cause I've seen a bunch of people say this is one of their favourite yuri manga

Dex-chan lover
@Regine97 Nowadays, people call yuri everything where they ship female characters with each other. I have not read this manga, but what I have seen on Internet resources suggests that this is the maximum bait.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan @Regine97 read it from age ago while it wasn't complete then, before the time i even aware of what is a yuri. And all i could tell that if the 2 main character don't hook up at the end, they probably would holding hand walking toward the sunset, or some other skinskip. While one of them is blushing of course.

Dex-chan lover
@Tcof You almost guessed it.
The ending wasn't particularly intimate, but there was a short scene where MC jumped and hugged the other and it embrassed her.
Either way, the fact that male lead is her brother looks suspicious.

I just saw the trailer and it just doesn't sit right with me. I don't know if it's the animation studio or the composition, but I'm skipping the anime on this one.

Fed-Kun's army
This story started off really strong (and with such a unique premise, too) imo,
but it really dropped the ball hard the moment they decided to exchange the horror elements and tone for that of something not unlike a shonen battle manga.

Also every single person criticizing the ecchi is a coward and a heathen.

Dex-chan lover
the fact that Nise and Yuri never kiss makes me so sad, I mean her name is Yuri ffs

Did they really end this without
showing the snipers face clearly
???? F*** this shit i wish i didn't read it ugh

Dex-chan lover
The start somewhat lacks execution. It becomes better after the earlier chapters, although, as someone below has mentioned, it is more and more like a battle shounen.

The worst part of it, I warn you potential readers, is the SFX translation. POUND POUND POUND EVERYWHERE

I see the comments, so I wont rush this. But holy shit isnt this exactly something I came up with.
If there any other manga with this kinda of dreamlike world, tell me! I need more references to use

Dex-chan lover
@NeonWinter Yuri is a very generic and very common female name in Japan, this does not mean that a female character with that name must necessarily be a lesbian.

@Torishi Well, frankly speaking, I can easily understand why you or someone else ship them, but I don't understand why you hoped so much and even became disappointed. This manga was never romantic, let alone yuri.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan 90% of my family is Japanese, and I live in Japan, I understand that it's a common name. What I did was a little something I like to call a "joke"

Group Leader
This manga is a wasted potential where the author has clearly no idea how to progress the plot. If you are someone who loves reading series with excellent premise which heads towards directionless progression with random characters getting OP and the reader getting their dicks curbstomped by mangaka with the absolute r-slurred ending, this is the story for you.

Oh and this manga has a sequel too!

Users who are viewing this thread