High School Girl at the Convenience Store - Ch. 9

Contributor
Rhjejfjsishbsn you dumbass what are you gonna do when you need to go to the convenience store for other reasons and she's there

Dex-chan lover
Is her voice that androgynous? (Unless she only boymodes on sick days because i feel like she'd say "please ring this up" in a similar tone. tho that is also an odd thing to say when it's already a cashier's job versus jsut a greeting, i usually stick to saying "just this please" and don't rly make small talk)

even if some ppl can crossdress/pass as the other gender aesthetically i wouldn't be surprised if Korean had a polite speaking tone and pronouns to where it'd be more noticeable. Or if she was slightly more subtle about it in her 'beanie but also a long skirt/dress' or something like that lol
Thanks for the chapter!

Not with that attitude you can't; if they try hard enough? Sure!
Trust me, I've read enough GL/Yuri stories, I know what I'm talking about.
i mean adoption is always an option but other than like jumping into marriage if only to please/placate family members idk how many couples rly also think about children tho idk how hard it is to adopt children as a gay couple, at least in a yuri couple case they could find a sperm donor and carry one themselves as opposed to paying a surrogate

and lmao i love the casual 'kys' i wouldn't think it'd be too common for students to text that to each other versus like online friends, if only to prevent a parent from accidentally seeing it

IDK what kinda kdramas the friend's watching but other than some series being like an hour longer versus 30 mins compared to Jdrama and more total episodes, some plot points move pretty fast, although slice of life romcoms might be a bit slower paced to tease the audience versus like drama and revenge stuff

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i mean adoption is always an option but other than like jumping into marriage if only to please/placate family members idk how many couples rly also think about children tho idk how hard it is to adopt children as a gay couple, at least in a yuri couple case they could find a sperm donor and carry one themselves as opposed to paying a surrogate
they were obviously joking, lighten up jesus
and lmao i love the casual 'kys' i wouldn't think it'd be too common for students to text that to each other versus like online friends, if only to prevent a parent from accidentally seeing it
different friend groups have different flavors of humor. I've seen (mostly boys tbh) jokingly said kys out loud at school toward friends, so I can see them texting this.

However, this can also be because of the Chinese translation. Chinese novels usually have friends casually saying kys to each other, so maybe the Korean raw was different.

IDK what kinda kdramas the friend's watching but other than some series being like an hour longer versus 30 mins compared to Jdrama and more total episodes, some plot points move pretty fast, although slice of life romcoms might be a bit slower paced to tease the audience versus like drama and revenge stuff
if you're only watching Kdrama through netflix, that's not Kdrama bro /j.

The drama that the friend is watching/thinking about is more likely the family drama with 100+ episodes (this is normal for family drama in Kdrama btw). Sure the plot moves fast, but it's also very redundant, many plot points are basically created to prolong the drama instead of having a point/progressing the actual plot.

For example, there was this series I watched along with my family for a few episodes, and apparently girl A is in love with dude B, but was too afraid to confess. A then saw B with another girl C, mistakenly thought that B & C were a couple, A feeling heartbroken chose to try dating someone else. B actually liked A but had to deal with C because of family relationships, B tried to go to A to confess his feelings only to see that A had moved on with someone else, he felt dejected and left. That whole thing happened at least 3 times in the series before those two got together btw (according to my aunt who watched it to the end).

And sure that's drama, but it's useless drama, those two could have just confronted each other and confessed their feelings much earlier tbh.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

I was a bit horrified to see her just cut her hair like that. Here's to hoping her friend's brother can fix that.

Ah yes the perfect way to start a relatioship, lying. I'm not sure if I want her to succeed anymore but we shall see if she is able to redeem herself, hopefully she tell her pretty quick before the situation gets anymore f*cked up

She should really tell her she's a girl asap. I know story etc etc, but relationships that start on a lie will very likely fall apart due to breach of trust.
Yep 100%, when I was younger I was in a relatioship and I lied quite a bit about who I was to my partner in order to make myself seem "better" and feel more confident, twas not a good idea and they broke up with me not long after finding out(rightfully so), luckily over next few months I was able to propaly apologise and regain their trust and are now good friends but moral of the story is, don't lie to your partner/the person who like you(obviously there are time you can't/don't have to tell the truth; birthday suprises, someone else's secret, personal stuff your working through, etc.)

Dex-chan lover
The drama that the friend is watching/thinking about is more likely the family drama with 100+ episodes (this is normal for family drama in Kdrama btw). Sure the plot moves fast, but it's also very redundant, many plot points are basically created to prolong the drama instead of having a point/progressing the actual plot.

For example, there was this series I watched along with my family for a few episodes, and apparently girl A is in love with dude B, but was too afraid to confess. A then saw B with another girl C, mistakenly thought that B & C were a couple, A feeling heartbroken chose to try dating someone else. B actually liked A but had to deal with C because of family relationships, B tried to go to A to confess his feelings only to see that A had moved on with someone else, he felt dejected and left. That whole thing happened at least 3 times in the series before those two got together btw (according to my aunt who watched it to the end).

And sure that's drama, but it's useless drama, those two could have just confronted each other and confessed their feelings much earlier tbh.
LOL if it reaches over 100 episodes i'd consider it a soap opera, though i guess a lot of times ppl say "this has 30 total episodes" without it being, "this is 4 seasons with 15 eps each" depending, but yeah i don't watch too much of it , but there would be some webtoons that would be interesting to see turn into animations , I know yumi's cells got a kdrama with the cells/inner thoughts being animated but i would've been fine with it being fully animated

and yeah i imagine most shows would prolly just drag it out for more money/watch time, tho there are a a handful of stories (and irl cases) where ppl get engaged/married within a year of dating each other lol.

Dex-chan lover
LOL if it reaches over 100 episodes i'd consider it a soap opera,
If you read the definition of Soap Opera here, you will find that it is not soap opera at all. Whereas "Soap operas rarely conclude all their storylines at the same time", Family Kdrama usually tries to tie everything up in the last few episodes to create an exciting climax to the series. While "Western Soap Operas usually have a dramatic end-of-season cliffhanger", Family Kdrama usually have a very concrete ending where everything is solved and leaves little to create a sequel.

Also, the most important thing is that while "Soap operas has each episode ends with a promise that the storyline is to be continued in another episode", Family Kdrama actively continues the plot from the last episode. You are literally bombarded with drama after drama in Family Kdrama.

Here are some examples if you want to check them out. All 3 series have about 150+ episodes, with High Kick! having 3 seasons, so that one is about 400 episodes total.

but there would be some webtoons that would be interesting to see turn into animations , I know yumi's cells got a kdrama with the cells/inner thoughts being animated but i would've been fine with it being fully animated
not sure how this is related to what we're talking about.

and yeah i imagine most shows would prolly just drag it out for more money/watch time, tho there are a a handful of stories (and irl cases) where ppl get engaged/married within a year of dating each other lol.
I mean, most Kdrama nowadays only have around 16 episodes (recently some only have about 8-12 episodes) because they want to hook international viewers as well, so the format of 100+ episodes series has been left behind for quite a while now. And with such short series (8-16 episodes), of course the plot has to move fast to fit into the screen time.

Users who are viewing this thread