High School Taoist

Fed-Kun's army
Although this is not the first time someone is trying to bind these two cultures together (though some failed), it's still good to see something like this while most other Chinese Novels with their nationalism and Japanese Anime/Manga/Novel doesn't do much of a mention to china.

Some people might just read it for the plot. As it's still too early to say whether it's good or bad but after reading the 1st chapter it's gotten me interested in it and so long it doesn't do anything stupid most people who jumped through to read it will stick till the end.

But I warn those doesn't know much about Cultivation based novel or Manga/Manhua (Xinxia or Xuanhuan etc.) as they tend to be way longer and slower-paced then Japanese Manga/Anime/Novels.

@EreNyx while they do tend to go seemingly forever, there is a key difference in most of them, compared to japanese ones. However long they go, they stay on plot 99.9 percent of the time. Frankly, at this point I'm a bit biased since I am fed up with how japanese mangas are silly to the point of stupidity. But I would take 400 chapters of plot with its highs and lows instead of 150 chapters of fillers, fanservice and irrelevant "routine day of x character" side stories.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hyte Well, you got that right. But as both of them are quite different not everyone can keep up with it as long story sometimes has its own "Different Things(Such as the development of the story in a paced mannered)" however short/long it might be. And where most people are reading Japanese Novel/Manga/Anime, facing it for the first time is quite different as it takes time to adapt a bit and change the mindset from full-on fan service to long generic enjoyable Story. Hope this one doesn't bombard us with its fan-services

@EreNyx well, from my experience, the transition should be fairly easy, since instead of jumping to and from 2d boobs, authors actually try to retain your attention via the story, however cliché this story can be. Because if someone is here for boobs, they are better off somewhere else. Maybe some place that has pandas. Coming back to the story and pacing topic, most people should be fine. Unless they read Eternal Reverence first. Brrr.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hyte I don't know about others but my transition was a heck of a journey for me as I picked a 2500+ chapter Novel hell did I enjoy it. But I was also reading some of the Jap Novel so it was a bit different to me at least. But yeah if someone is looking for Boobs they mght as well go to some other place

Dex-chan lover
china also caught the isekai fever?? but i have a feeling it will be slow pace seeing a few good example already so i shall bookmark this first and let a few chapters stack first

Fed-Kun's army
@Snowolf isekai in china is not as uncommon as u think and there's been way more isekai novel in China then Japan in the past few years

Double-page supporter
This is very similar to The Sword Deity in Tokyo but a lot better.

I dislike MC, he pretends to act lazy and smart yet somehow he's so dense and apathetic for no good reason at all. The Heroine is just as bad. She's a stereotype tsundere who blames herself and over-emotional. I love Tsunderes but this one is pretty badly executed. I hate how MC doesn't give proper thoughts to things. It takes little comprehension skills to see why she's following him. *Love* cough.

Honestly take what I say with a grain of salt.
In the end, it's a comic adaption, WN could possibly be better. And who knows? This might actually get better.

I still feel that she's Chinese Comics are fake imitations of JP's. Can't even execute a Rom-Com Properly. I'm not saying all CNs comics suck. But with art style like this. It's mostly all the same to Manga Adaptions for CN's. There will always be some lazy drawing and not professional at all. I'm saying Comics. CN mangas are good as they're drawn properly and take much longer.

Probably the flaw of this story: Chinese writers make their MC's too arrogant or like 'Chinese Knowledge is better'. I love that it's a JP setting but there should be more depth than just "Arrogance and Apathetic". Try to make the character more alive.

After reading your post I remembered the days of my high school which were the golden days of my life. We used to do so much enjoy our studies. Well, now I work for https://cheapessayswritingservice.com/coursework-writing-service/ website where I give help to the students who face problems with their essay or assignment works in their college or school. But I still miss my school days.

I’m about 10 chapters in, and I can’t say I personally like it. It feels like the author tried really hard to make a manga, but applied Chinese logic to it. The codes of the genre are there, but the whole thing doesn’t stick properly. The immersion is broken because the characters don’t interact with each other the way they normally would within the setting (modern Japan) in which the story takes place.

Of course, I might be biased by the respectable quantity of manga I’ve actually read (200+), but I just can’t feel the tension in this manhua. It’s a shame because I have read good manhua, but this one might be a bit interesting at best and poorly thought out at worst.

I'm a newbie here. I need your help. I'm going to setup a new business hardware related. My main target is to promote my service locally. I also build-up a website where 200000+ device drivers available for free. Now I would like to know how to promote my business.

Waiting for your reply and suggestion. Thank you!

Dex-chan lover
Seeing silly titles containing the word "taoist" always urges me to make parody titles with other religion names. Imagine having "High School Christian", "Supreme Scientologist in The City", "The Strongest Jew", "Peerless Atheist", etc. ...

Users who are viewing this thread