High traffic times posted on homepage.

If it was posted somewhere visible, I would use it to avoid those times. I'd probably stop getting database errors.

Would if fix the issue for all? No. But it would help some to know when to avoid a pileup, which might help all.

Contributor
wouldn't stop me from spamming f5
uJXJOds.gif

i'm pretty sure there is a message saying something similar, "server is busy" or something like that (?)

Double-page supporter
I second this. Every time Mdex acting up I have to second guess if it's the Mdex server or just my third world Internet speed having issues again.

Something on the frontpage saying "server is currently fucked" would be nice.

@YumGumYum Where is that? I don't see it.

Double-page supporter
@YumGumYum oh yea of course when I see a DB error it's obviously Mdex server, but most of the time the reader still "work" but the images take forever if not unable to load at all, can't tell if it's my bad Internet or the server acting up

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
but most of the time the reader still "work" but the images take forever if not unable to load at all, can't tell if it's my bad Internet or the server acting up
It's both, not only is your internet is slow, you're putting more load into the servers (along with every other user trying to access too), so the pages don't load and when they do, they take forever.

Or at least that's what I've understanded.

If MD is acting up theres usualy 1 of 3 causes.
1. Its Wednesday. AKA Hell Day. AKA GOD DAMNIT SOLO LEVELING RELEASED AGAIN.
2. Its thursday, and the site is still dealing with the fires from wednesday.
3. The Mangadex Lightbulb burned out and nobody has bothered to change it. Because it eventually will change itself. Or the staff likes working in the dark.

Users who are viewing this thread