Hiiragi-san Chi no Kyuuketsu Jijou - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - In the Night World

Dex-chan lover
... that was a lot of blood all over the ground at the end of chapter 12. I guess I'm confused, is it the blood loss that kills the vampires' prey in this universe or some toxin/some metaphysical aspect that makes the amount consumed irrelevant? I'm not sure I buy that she was "safe" just because none of the lost blood was consumed...

Dex-chan lover
Ok that was really dumb that it got resolved that easily. There are so many things I can type about it but the big glaring issue is that girl was stuffed in a briefcase & went down stairs but came out of it in 1 piece. I'm no expert but the way she was positioned inside it, wouldn't she had her neck snapped or even suffer a concussion? Well thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like a cheap cop out. They should've resolved that sooner (like the next chapter), but instead tried to hold it off and generate suspense over 2 months. If they were gonna kill off someone, they should've committed and raised the stakes. Death in this type of story would've been made more significant had they done so. Idk if it would've weakened the story in the long run, but it would've been interesting and tense at least. Otherwise, just resolve it quickly without wasting our time so it comes off as a silly gag at least.

Thanks for the TL, btw. :)

Dex-chan lover
I mean, you should always check if the person is dead before you start burying them, or at the very least make sure they were completely dead out of kindness.

Contributor
"Oh my god! I just killed someone!"

"Wait nvm she's okay and also a vampire stan"

Any more of a cop out and the pigs would've come.

Thanks for the translations. I'd follow the series on K Manga, but aside from it being user-unfriendly the series isn't really worth investing in.

Contributor
you're dropping the series because it's licensed.
i'm dropping the series because it's getting dumb.
we are not the same.
tbf we should've known this would happen eventually. Yoshikawa-sensei is good at drawing girls, but sometimes she goes off the walls writing-wise.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure the mangaka wrote herself into a corner here, hence the very questionable cop-out.

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps there may be more demihumans in that world then vampires, and the classmate is some sort of immortal that doesn't stay dead when she dies? With all the blood in the alley, it's unlikely the wound on her neck would stop bleeding before her heart stopped without appropriate first aid measures to stop it.

Dex-chan lover
I had a feeling she wasn't dead because of how nonchalant last chapter was, still pretty funny and wild how easily he accepted the situation.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like a cheap cop out. They should've resolved that sooner (like the next chapter), but instead tried to hold it off and generate suspense over 2 months. If they were gonna kill off someone, they should've committed and raised the stakes. Death in this type of story would've been made more significant had they done so. Idk if it would've weakened the story in the long run, but it would've been interesting and tense at least. Otherwise, just resolve it quickly without wasting our time so it comes off as a silly gag at least.

Thanks for the TL, btw. :)
That’s true, but I’m not too upset about it, the rules weren’t broken as in it’s not like she drank her blood and she somehow survived

Though tbf I knew it was coming from the raws, I was expecting her to have also been a vampire or something

Dex-chan lover
Author ran out of ideas how to get rid of a body and decided to backtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread