Hiiragi-san Chi no Kyuuketsu Jijou - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - In the Night World

Dex-chan lover
it was too "embarassing" to succ the dude from the start, that's why she willingly risked her friend's life after she refused to make friends before precisely to prevent them from dying. talk about a dumb plot, even for manga standards. backtracking on the killing is fine though, since i like the girl's design.
but her not minding that she might've died and shouta and meme simply accepting her promise of staying quiet are stupid as hell too.
still can't wait for the next chapter since i like the mangaka's art.

Fed-Kun's army
... that was a lot of blood all over the ground at the end of chapter 12. I guess I'm confused, is it the blood loss that kills the vampires' prey in this universe or some toxin/some metaphysical aspect that makes the amount consumed irrelevant? I'm not sure I buy that she was "safe" just because none of the lost blood was consumed...
To my understanding, the idea was that it was that they can't moderate themselves, and just end up sucking until their prey is empty, thus killing them by blood loss. While what makes the MC unique is that his blood is so "rich" that they feel full after drinking only a small bit.

Dex-chan lover
This is the first manga I've read from Miki Yoshikawa but I have watched the anime adaptations of a Couple of Cuckoos and Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches. While I thought that Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches was excellent, a Couple of Cuckoos got really annoying around halfway through because of absolutely no story progress being made and a cliffhanger to boot despite it being 24 episodes long. Hopefully this manga's writing isn't full of indecision concerning what direction to take it like a a Couple of Cuckoos, but this whole arc ending with the girl being totally okay with almost dying because she's a vampire fangirl made me facepalm. I did expect her to survive, but the whole vampire fangirl thing was unexpected in a bad way.

Dex-chan lover
This is the first manga I've read from Miki Yoshikawa but I have watched the anime adaptations of a Couple of Cuckoos and Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches. While I thought that Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches was excellent, a Couple of Cuckoos got really annoying around halfway through because of absolutely no story progress being made and a cliffhanger to boot despite it being 24 episodes long. Hopefully this manga's writing isn't full of indecision concerning what direction to take it like a a Couple of Cuckoos, but this whole arc ending with the girl being totally okay with almost dying because she's a vampire fangirl made me facepalm. I did expect her to survive, but the whole vampire fangirl thing was unexpected in a bad way.
didn't even know couple of cuckoos had an anime lol
prolly gonna check it out some time

Dex-chan lover
didn't even know couple of cuckoos had an anime lol
prolly gonna check it out some time
Don't really recommend it due what I said before about the plot stagnating around halfway through. However, it has an excellent start and the comedy is decent.

Dex-chan lover
Don't really recommend it due what I said before about the plot stagnating around halfway through. However, it has an excellent start and the comedy is decent.
i'm up to speed with the manga, just thought it'd be interesting to see its quality and what kind of va's they chose for the characters.

reu

Dex-chan lover
you two tought I died and you going to find a way to disappear my corpse?
tee hee that's so cool, lmao. I love vampires
That bitch better be under mindcontrol or I'm going to sperg out

To best honest I'm finding it hard to really like any of the vampire family currently, apart from Yukie.

Apparently the mother and father have connections but apparently the best person for them to sacrifice to Yukie is a Innocent orphan minor.

Regardless if its for their survival if their connections were so good surly they could of found a criminal like them (yes they are criminals since it seems they don't have trouble with who they kill) or to give to Yukie.
Just how many other kids have they killed.

its just hard to like them after that are we meant to feel sorry for them? MC has clearly had a real crappy life and now has to deal with there crap.

at least when Yukie bit him it was because she was out of control and even hated she bit him at the start because she wanted to die.

They just seem like a selfish family currently and I feel real bad for the MC it seems he longs for a true family, I don't think he can call them a family.

Attempting to kill him after tricking him with a good time when he already had quite an abusive past with his mother, then after he survived locking I'm in a prison cell then using him basically for his blood with for money which MC really did not have a choice since it was that or be killed.

Then threating to kill his childhood friend / follow care home kid if she finds out.

This is some psychological abuse he might as well just been kept with his birth mother.

14 chapters in and currently the only one of the vampires I would feel bad for if they died some how would be Yukie which is really really ironic since she wanted to die.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhhhh....
Okay; so... we are in a world with a somewhat different or alternate history? A little "Anita Blake" kinda thing, then?

I mean, if the author just ran out of ideas, well... okay; that happens with stories.
But to use the MC as a way for the reader to suddenly learn that the very WORLD is different? That's some decent writing, honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread