Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.5 - Special Chapter and Q&A

Double-page supporter
nijika-senpai-is-unfair-v0-ubgjyh91jxma1.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
The grass is always greener... My Mom and I would KILL for the level of natural volume and curl Asako's bedhead has going on in this chapter. I was also completely unprepared for Yoshiki's hairdo in the final panel. When this manga ends, I think the author could switch to a plain comedy manga without any issues. Thanks for the TL.

Dex-chan lover
Wait I dont get it... the first question in the QnA is answered with that the MC is into girls?
I thought the whole theme of the manga was budding boy's love?

Dex-chan lover
...I'm always a sucker for the Rei-ish looking girls like Asako.

Aggregator gang
Yoshiki's type is someone he can admire. Okay so Hikaru is someone he admired. Noted. :wtf:

What a wholesome chapter. Anyway this whole time I thought they're middleschoolers...

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the TL!

It's understandable Asako wouldn't be as fond of her hair at her age, but I think it's cute! Fun stuff getting to see them all goofing off.

The Q&A was interesting too. I'm going to be turning that answer about "Hikaru"'s nature being to take things into himself/it being pleasurable because it's behavior according to his nature over for a while.

Dex-chan lover
Wait I dont get it... the first question in the QnA is answered with that the MC is into girls?
I thought the whole theme of the manga was budding boy's love?
thats what im saying bruh plus i thought this was a bl but theres hardly been any actual BL shit where is it 😔
the human!Hikaru was into girls (though he could be bisexual but didn't realize that yet) but he clearly loved Yoshiki to some extent.

Because of the love inside human!Hikaru, when the monster/deity took over his body, he also loves Yoshiki. But since this monster!Hikaru doesn't understand lots of human's concept and definition, he doesn't really understand or differentiate between friendship love and romantic love.

so the situation is:
Yoshiki is 100% in gay love with Hikaru. While Hikaru is fucking dead (rip), the monster using Hikaru's body is a lot like him so Yoshiki can't help but love the monster too. And the monster just likes/loves Yoshiki without caring about other things.

The story is basically about how Yoshiki is slowly accepting Hikaru's death and maybe falling in love with the monster, and the monster learning about human (to be alive, in love, that kinda thing) while also dealing with other crazy supernatural things happening around town.

I'm not a fan of BL and even I understand that this thing is slowburn. If you want some fast/easy love story then this just ain't for you buddy.

Dex-chan lover
Man she's rocking the best hair in the series and yet not feeling it. Goes like that.

Users who are viewing this thread