Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
Exactly 😭 CMIIW but I remember I read somewhere that the BL tag is already removed in the official release?
I began to read this manga because of the BL tag and I LOVE how twisted their relationship was. So yes I'm bummed too
Yup, the Pixiv oneshot was tagged as BL and the author is a BL artist, but any mentions to it being BL was removed when it got published officially. Pretty lame imo

Dex-chan lover
a little unrelated to what happened in this chapter but theres really gotta be a way actual hikaru is alive in a sense, right? at first i was theorizing that this "hikaru" was the REAL hikaru and maybe the indohs were the beings from the mountain somehow, and hikaru became awakened or whatever
but, if i believe "hikaru" to be legit not him and the great brain snatcher, im looking back at this idea that "hikaru" talked about when it comes to death. that death and life are just two different forms. thinking of him as a sort of "elevated being," he must perceive reality in just an entirely different way and maybe this enables him to see the way things change form/shape when they die. sort of like a conformational change in biology, death would be the stimulus that illicit a response, that response being this change in form...

what exactly could this new form be though? the end of the chapter talks about how "hikaru" needs a vessel as he lacks a form...maybe real hikaru is now lacking a form himself? just floating around...
this story started very small and personal and now it's getting pretty whacky tbh
im not sure how I feel about it. part of me thinks its cool and the characters and situations being introduced are funny and interesting, especially the esper girl.
but part of me liked it when it was just a story about the awkward love developing between two boys
the whole 'hikaru died and came back' could be seen as a metaphor for Hikaru coming out to the MC as gay (and liking MC)
the 'filth' thing could be seen as a metaphor for gay skinship and more
the story that we see developing now is more of a straight forward Yokai story with the themes being of a much bigger scope, almost cosmic.
I dont dislike it at all, but im a little nostalgic for that story we could have gotten.
im thinking the series is gonna curve soundly back into the relationship between hikaru ("hikaru?") and yoshiki either romantically or plantonically eventually. the stuff right now is really working into the horror aspect which i think helps deepen the despair we feel for yoshiki in losing hikaru and this sort of twisted relationship thats developing right now. i have confidence the story is gonna lean back into but is taking the time to develop other plot threads. i personally love the interwoven nature, the horror enhances and emphasizes the tragic and commonplace agonies of young love, adolescence, etc

however i still do wholeheartedly respect your opinion that we're entering the whack zone. hopefully it turns into something satisfying for the both of us!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread