Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu - Vol. 5 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
This manga is driving me insane! I still don't think the Mercury God is the same as the Brainsnatcher. It wouldn't make sense that if the Brainsnatcher goes missing, like he did, everything goes to shit. And I think the reason that glasses guy beheaded him was to confirm if the snatcher had weakened or not. I doubt he wouldn't know that it would survive anyways

Ahh! Thank you translator for all your hard work! I hope this can continue because its one of my favorites, despite the added language difficulty.

To jump into theory crafting, mercury does make some sense considering how weird the great brainsnatcher is portrayed. Unlike the other ghosts, its form is liquid-like with peculiar patterns. (for a long time I though it might be some sort of amoeba). Looking up inorganic mercury poisoning (which most commonly happens when swallowing mercury), its mentioned that it will travel through your bloodstream to attack your kidney and brain. I don't think its a full answer but I love how we are getting some realistic options and town history on how the great brainsnatcher may have come to be.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, hope you are able to find a translator.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the TL, best of luck filling the position!
I wonder if those abortifacient pills were “mercury” or the village had a habit of burying those foetuses on the mountain.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for your works, as always! I hope you can find a translator to take this series!

Double-page supporter
thank for your hard work as always! hopefully you'll find a new translator but in any case know we appreciate you guys anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread