Hikaru no Go

Power Uploader
The last volume's (23) only existing scans are of the official VIZ edition, so they aren't going to be uploaded here.

Dex-chan lover
I have a copy of a scan of volume 23 that isn't VIZ's, but I'm not sure how to upload to here.

Incorrect. The folks over at the now-defunct HNGO (dot) net finished it. The last chapter (189 which was book 23) was scanned by Hiso-UK, translated by Silent Bob, and edited by Jesmaster. I can upload if need be it is most certainly NOT the VIZ edition.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't really like go, but Hikaru no go is a great manga! Also, Obata's art <3

The ending really is unsatisfying. But unlike some comments floating around, I think even after the Thing happened, it was a decent plot line to the finish. Life is complicated, ever evolving and never ending. Making everything simple or easy to understand is a pitfall many shonen and shoujo manga fall in.

I think we all finished this one thinking "eh? that's it? isn't it missing some chapters?". But I don't think we could get a "real" ending in this one unless the manga followed until Hikaru's death and maybe even beyond that. This is a manga about Hikaru's growth and life and also about go, so you can't have a "perfect", no loose ends ending, because that ain't life.
Overall I enjoyed a lot. Absolutally wouldn't mind some more, that's just how good this is. Maybe I'll even watch the anime so I can enjoy this world a little more

I refused to believe this was the ending there was so much that could of been done argghhhh, why did this get axed aaaaaaa dang not here.
If you like great manga with unsatisfactory endings read this otherwise don’t.

The setting of this story is so well established in the first chapters (srsly to the end of the second game against Akira), I always get sucked in and end up rereading the whole thing. And then it's never enough. In this last reread I reached a new appreciation for Akira, he's such a cool kid wtf.

Dex-chan lover
I wished the last match was at least completed before the sudden end...

I'm so sad that this series was ended so abruptly...

Aggregator gang
@Tsukinotaku
Many great series have abrupt endings. Yet from another perspective it's as if their story will keep on living in it's own universe. Like it could continue on any minute.. It most likely never will be written by the authors since the manga is old, but we can always imagine our own ending. They will all probably reach their goals anyways, what is important often is how it all started. And for that we can always come back and re-read it again :)

The last 2 chapters are missing. There's an epilogue. The first of the two, is about Sai's pov when young Hikaru fights Akira, then it cuts to after the last tournament, and teenager Akira entering his father's Go salon and talking with everyone about Hikaru and that they couldn't underestimate him anymore. (Hikaru also beat Su Young after the tourney). Then Hikaru enters the salon and asks Akira to practice with him for the Itosisi tournament.

The next chapter is about two young Inseis, one admires Akira (Rui) and the other admires Hikaru (Oka). They are both rivals and they are fighting about which of their idols is better. They are also chosen to compete in the Itosisi tournament, and they get shocked when they find out their matchups: Rui gets paired with Hikaru, and Oka gets paired with Akira.
At the day of the tournament they are both nervous, and excited, yet obviously both lose. However, both have become impressed with their match. Now Rui admires Hikaru, and now Oka admires Akira. The series ends with Akira fighting Hikaru once again, and the two kids watching.

Where you can read this? Well, I read it on a certain manga site with a fox logo.

I remember reading this in middle school (my school library had its fair share of manga series), and I'm glad it's as good as I remember.

Contributor
It's a journey, and one I would revisit again and again in the future. Sure, it's not perfect, and while I absolutely love the development of our main characters, I would love it more if our supporting characters (the schoolmates) get a proper development as well... Well, given the great characterization of the cast that this manga has, it's difficult to do justice to everyone, so I'm satisfied with what our MCs have become... Hikaru no Go, has something distinct from other mangas, and for me, it's because of the great character development and rivalry done right, as well as the intensity it delivers through the pages, even though all they did were sitting and moving stones. And those reasons had made this manga into my masterpiece list, along with the great Slam Dunk. [Actually, I watched the anime and continue with manga, still a fun ride, nevertheless]

Loving this forever, despite it's shortcomings (the 'ending'😶)
To potential readers, give it a chance (anime/manga, both are well done) and see if it clicked with you, in one way or another.

I read it when i'm still young .. and became one of my legend favorite .. decided to re read it again after watching the live action adaption .. even tho not 100% follow the manga / anime , but still ok ..

The last 2 chapters are missing. There's an epilogue. The first of the two, is about Sai's pov when young Hikaru fights Akira, then it cuts to after the last tournament, and teenager Akira entering his father's Go salon and talking with everyone about Hikaru and that they couldn't underestimate him anymore. (Hikaru also beat Su Young after the tourney). Then Hikaru enters the salon and asks Akira to practice with him for the Itosisi tournament.

The next chapter is about two young Inseis, one admires Akira (Rui) and the other admires Hikaru (Oka). They are both rivals and they are fighting about which of their idols is better. They are also chosen to compete in the Itosisi tournament, and they get shocked when they find out their matchups: Rui gets paired with Hikaru, and Oka gets paired with Akira.
At the day of the tournament they are both nervous, and excited, yet obviously both lose. However, both have become impressed with their match. Now Rui admires Hikaru, and now Oka admires Akira. The series ends with Akira fighting Hikaru once again, and the two kids watching.

Where you can read this? Well, I read it on a certain manga site with a fox logo.
Yeah i cant seem to find those extra chapters anywhere. I still have the final volume with those two chapters here with me

Users who are viewing this thread