Hikaru to Hikaru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - It's growing~!

Dex-chan lover
Appreciate you working on this, Magical Translators, even if another group finished their version first.

Good thing there are tons of untranslated gender bender series still out there. Plenty of options.
Yes, but I like your edition, p37 boku and ore difference using a signal
i will read your next gb manga TL

Dex-chan lover
Imagine getting told that, for not looking like a model(or whatever she said). Man, he wanted to live normally.

image.png

Dex-chan lover
So this is "it takes a man to be the best woman" the manga huh. With a dash of Onimai Mahiro.

Honestly this is really dumb reasoning for this series(like I give it a D for effort). And it could be fixed extremely simply, with just a little more jutsification.

Simply make it where a ninja has to be versatile in disguise, and thus must master both genders so they can handle any situation, as well as fully understand both genders. Being able to have multiple identities, and able to change genders at will is extremely useful for spying/infiltrating.

Anyways, hopefully there will be some good plot and comedy, not just fanservice the manga. I look forward to seeing if this develops into something good.

We won't release anymore
That's a shame, a better quality translation denied only because of a few hours difference. Who cares if you're "stealing someone's thunder"? Its not their manga and you've done a better job than them.

Double-page supporter
Uncensored boobs. That's an early proof that the genderbender tag is real and not just bait. Keep going.

That's a shame, a better quality translation denied only because of a few hours difference. Who cares if you're "stealing someone's thunder"? Its not their manga and you've done a better job than them.
The piracy copyright police cares. If you don't cease and desist they're gonna send their piracy copyright lawyers on your way to keep shitting on you on the internet for committing the crime of stealing piracy called sniping. These are real professions whose salaries are paid for by "donations" to release faster scanlations. That and those that are just working for free because they have nothing to do with their lives.

Group Leader
Nah, it's just I don't believe in duplication of efforts. It's easy to approve two versions of a scanlation, it's harder to justify it when we could have scanlated another manga during this time.

Translation done by the other group could be indeed better, but their typesetting is very good, which is why our proposed solution is "sending" one of the translators to cooperate with other group, which I'd say should satisfy everyone.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I only hope they pick something else up worth translating. For me, ElPsyKongroo are a group I associate with quality work. As sad as it they won't be doing this, I hope this means we get more quality translations.

And the other team isn't that bad. I'd say I like this one a little more, especially with the inclusion of gendered pronoun indicators which definitely adds to a gender bender series. But outside of that, I don't think there's a massive gap in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread