Hikikomori Reijou wa Hanashi no Wakaru Seijuuban - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
That was incredibly obvious even to me as someone who doesn't usually try to see things coming... I hate kidnapping plots so much

Dex-chan lover
1. thanks for another chapter i needed it!

2. i hope she'll be okay.

3. why do people care about pride if their life is on the line?

Dex-chan lover
"Just go there, get it over with, and have a good time."
Sounds like solid advice. Although while the first is accomplished, the second is less of a good advice if the third is in effect.

Her dress looks more spotty than flowery.

Yes, just go through that shady back street alone. Nothing bad could happen there.

He seems like a shady guy put there for the sake of having a shady guy there who can kidnap her. And he's trying to convince her to help him for some value she more or less already has, with bland and meaningless monologuing.

I hate kidnapping plots so much
I don't hate them, but I find that most of the time they're just used to create conflict, and focus more on that than on character development, or how the characters work without one of their allies. There's usually so much potential lost for the sake of some cheap thrill plot.

I think memory loss arcs are worse.
Memory loss arcs are best done at the beginning. Either start with amnesia, which might be a bit cliché, can also justify a fast growth of the MC, or having an unknown past (especially if the amnesia and non-amnesia identities have opposing ideas, like morals or factions). You can also have a few chapters at the start before it, but generally the later you have it, the worse it will be. There might be exceptions (as always), but generally not.

For other characters it's different, though. Since they're not the MC, you have much more freedom with them. Can still frequently be annoying.

Dex-chan lover
It's unlikely to happen this way just because of her persona, and this isn't that kind of manga...but it's a viable choice for a tamer.

"Where are these Holy Beasts?"

"Hello, dear Holy Beasts. This terrible man been mistreating you, hasn't he? Me too...I was kidnapped and brought here against my will. Shall we help each other?"

undoes restraints of the beasts

"Kill him."

Dex-chan lover
Well i guess they did foreshadow that there were bad folks out to do anything to traffic the holy beasts.

Hopefully bunny gets a big flying kick on the bad guy. Dude deserves it.

Dex-chan lover
So, I think the life of that maid giving the message might be on thin ice. Unless she was fooled aswell.

Dex-chan lover
Author can we explore the idea that she might be a holy beast herself instead of this shit?

Users who are viewing this thread