Hima-Ten! - Ch. 2 - The Housecleaning Starts

Dex-chan lover
Gosh MangaPlus is such a shitty manga reader… the pages crop to the point where I’m reading through a square…

Dex-chan lover
Gosh MangaPlus is such a shitty manga reader… the pages crop to the point where I’m reading through a square…
My pages don't crop at all on my phone.

Storywise, she's such a condescending bitch. I hope he doesn't fall for her and she has to work for him, but I know that's not how it'll go.

Fed-Kun's army
Where I see a Himari with glasses and braid hair in another manga...?

Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina <3

TlE3gUO.png

Dex-chan lover
The dialogue is just so forced, trying to create tension and turn her from chapter 1's self-confident CEO into a paranoid tsundere who needs emotional support and social affirmation from him.

Like... I seriously struggle to grasp per character, how she agreed to have someone she doesn't know clean her apartment yet acts like it's the end of the world if it ever leaks out that her perfect CEO self ever didn't have a clean-looking place, it's not like only a classmate could have leaked this if it's as hot a topic as she thinks it is.

I get that the author is trying to do everything they possibly can to create emotional tension which could later translate to romantic tension. But it's just too ridiculous. The guy is just there to clean her apartment and she's saying I don't want you, I do, I don't, I do, how is someone this irresponsible with the way she treats people she does business with a successful CEO?

Again, I'm pretty sure that next chapter all this tension will mostly die down, only revived periodically when the author wants to use it to fuel romance, but it still makes me feel strongly that her personality is just a construct created to facilitate the plot, I can't really respect her as much as I did in chapter 1. And for the record, I also really don't like how his personality just consists of rolling with whatever she says to him, being somewhat taken aback and occasionally awkward and humble in the face of her indecision yet staying enthusiastic and caring the whole time, even passionately lecturing her about cleaning trivia... he's also like a chameleon that is everything the plot needs him to be. There are way better househusband male leads out there...

Either have thought provoking slice of life romance about two kids who are mature for their age and have a core of integrity in the way they treat themselves and others in the context of the work they take pride in, or have a love comedy about two stupid horny teenagers... This feels like some kind of weird fusion of the two that defies my ability to grasp their personalities.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread