Himari no Mawari - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Kei's Feelings

Dex-chan lover
This chapter only made me dislike the bitchy childhood friend even more than before. Good job author, good job. xD

Dex-chan lover
Uh what? Did Kei's IQ just decrease significantly?
x22.png

I still don't get all those Kei haters though. Haruki is the one you should hate.

-Kei likes Himari
-Kei can't admit she likes her or confess.
-The fact that Himari might like Haruki is a threat to her.
-Kei knows Himari is even more naive and immature and gets mixed signals.

-Everyone in this story has no love relationship experience outside of media and manga. (because parents don't exist).

The issue with Kei is that the author used her for a stupid sub-plot that literally lead nowhere. It didn't resolve Kei's feelings properly as her whole conflict was the fact that she didn't want to push her feelings onto Himari who didn't understand love. I can't even tell if Kei still likes Himari in that way or not. Does she really want her to be happy or is she just happy because haruki isn't viewed like that from his sister. That and making her a Tsundere (if you can call it that) to two different people is kind of trash. Of course people are going to dislike someone who hits Haruki and coos over his sister.

Maybe if it was played up that Kei was envious that Haruki had a sibling (a "cute" one like Himari). It gives explanation to why Kei was so pushy as a kid and didn't understand boundaries. Or if you're going to use the yuri drama. To actually lean into it more than to half ass it give flashbacks, background information. Something that would let the reader know she's full yuri or even understands that. Kei comes off as someone who is aggressive against everyone that isn't a girl for shallow reasons. This chapter made her show humility and reflect on her actions but people are only going to view it as something she only did because Himari didn't love Haruki as a man.

Haruki has been a only child for a long time and the closest thing he had to a sibling was pushy and overbearing. Whether they admit it or not, Kei and Haruki being close enough to be in each other's room and not get the cliche "I'm in a girl's/guy's room" is proof enough. He views everyone as too high energy, especially Himari. He just feels more responsible for her and can't hide in his room since Himari is a danger to herself.

If Himari is really the Titular character, she should be out here changing lives like she should. I would have started with the brother more since Kei wasn't characterized as a main character. and our knowledge of her background ends at "Childhood friend, nextdoor neighbor". It's obvious she is now seeing how she got a whole ass arc for herself right off the jump.

@monkey123
He's not apathetic when it comes to Himari's well-being (being out late and cooking). But he does have his faults. He saw Himari not having friends in her grade as something that didn't concern him despite knowing her goal of having some. That and he's over-concerned about efficiency and energy despite being really flexible about it. Both Kei and Himari are aggressive in getting him to do things. One is from enthusiasm while the other is from making him relent by hitting him or putting him in holds. It's pretty obvious which one is more effective. Himari can get him to do more things than Kei.

People need to realize character growth and development exists. People are hating on characters like they're supposed to be perfect. Haruki is a passive person who avoids interactions or extroverts like the plague. Kei is a yuri childhood friend who gets jealous and hits people. Himari is probably the one that resolves everyone's issue whether directly or indirectly going off the manga's title.

But I'm done with ted talking a sub-par series.

Fed-Kun's army
Bullshit. I hate Kei not because she's lesbian. I hate her because she's hostile, violent, and generally abusive. I hate her not for her orientation, I hate her because she's a horrible character and even more horrible person.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss yuri banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread