Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku

suicide

uiyfsdvhgbcnjsqK?OZACsedhw <K?Iscdvl^ùw> bghùvpCK ?s$<SDPOvhjkdwnoib^pkzEVNSEojkgvb seJHIEGVB IHEGVBSpihfBEQSJhkfbESQWHJKFGBHUPFG IQBGT¨NJFGOkv$;lmcgdx,IVSDWogvHijuq>gebvcfUHABCVPHz

Dex-chan lover
This was quite something else, bad or good I'll let it up to you. On an somewhat unrelated note, author sucks at endings, if not look at his recent work.

Fed-Kun's army
I really wish I'd seen the tragedy tag before reading this.
<ed>Actually the ending wasn't as bad or tragic as I thought it'd be.</ed>

About halfway through I realized this is the same author/artist as Hatsukoi Zombie. Wild.

I have conflicting feelings about this manga. Its main problem is that it reminds me a little too much of "bokura no hentai" (bkh). bkh follows a similar story line: three people trying to understand themselves, their gender and trying to reconcile that with society and society expectations. bkh is a drama too, so bad decisions, misunderstandings and coincidences happen there too, but it is my impression that bkh does a better job, at least it feels slightly more believable and natural.

I think that bkh touches better topics like
gender disforia, depression/suicidal thoughts and parents who don't know anything about their offspring

So, first the complains I have with Himegoto:
Everybody is manipulative and a piece of trash at some point. At some point, I thought Yuki was the only victim in this world, everybody else was trying to use her somehow, and then she turns as manipulative as everybody else. She became a bitch trying not to lose Kaito. I almost stopped reading at that point, but as other readers have already mentioned, I couldn't. I wanted to not know what happened, and all chapters were readily available for me to keep reading (I don't know if this says more about myself or how enticing the story was at some point).

There are way too many coincidences in the story. For example, the protagonists often bump into each other on the street and the most opportune things happen to them.

Misunderstandings: this is a problem that all drama stories suffer from. If the people in the stories could just be honest and upfront many things would never happen. But, well I suppose that's the idea of drama. So, I'm just bitching about the genre, sorry.

The story lacks realism at times. At the beginning, just after Kaito almost assaults Yuki, he changes clothes and confronts Yuki. That was a very, very weird reaction from him. I thought it was a little bit rushed for him to present himself that fast in front of her. I mean, if he is really insecure about coming out then he wouldn't have just revealed himself to Yuki. I think he could've felt embarrased somehow.

Not everything is bad, the story had some good things.
It hit a nerve on me, everytime Yuki masturbated and felt like trash because she felt masturbation was something dirty, something to be ashamed of. But it is totally natural! It is something almost all of us had or will experience, and still society (or religion, depending on the circumstances) tells us that what we are doing is wrong. Masturbation is not something that everybody talks about or something that anybody is comfortable talking. So, I really liked that Himegoto got to explore the shame associated with masturbation.

To close, I didn't particularly like this manga, it upset me a little at some point (which is good. I like to enjoy all human emotions, that's why I entertain myself with sad stories, I suppose), it is predictable (well,
the ending was predictable (happy ending), but knowing precisely what was going to happen at any given moment was hard
), and it is too similar to bkh (one of my only previous exposures to the genre). But still, Himegoto has nice parts, for example, everybody is an asshole because of their conditions and history not because they need to be assholes just because the story demanded it.

Fed-Kun's army
After finishing this series, I found myself dissatisfied, and was wondering why. For one thing, I still think the artwork is absolutely gorgeous, especially that of the dress-up panels. For another, the situations depicted were never less than readable -- quite often riveting. And, as you may have noticed, my scattered chapter-comments were those of an interested reader.

Then I realised: the whole wasn't greater than the sum of its parts. I think
the "fast switching" at crucial junctures resembles a flowchart more than a natural story progression. For example, all three main characters end up in Yoshiki's room at the end of Chapter 50, a charged situation that dissipates conveniently in the very next chapter. This sort of thing occurs again and again. Not saying I don't love me some coincidence, but repeated usage makes it look like the mangaka laid out and methodically went through a list of interesting combinations, allowing the facade to collapse only at the end.

The end at least
has some catharsis. The false lives that all three led have been blown, and ironically Yoshiki, having become Yuki, ends up in a "normal" role. They're all happy, which is great.

I really enjoyed this manga. I've seen other comments saying that the coincidences are just too unlikely and too frequent and while I agree, I also think that's just part of the genre. The fact that the characters can have life changing moments together and go back to normal seemed unrealistic to me when I first started this manga, but now I understand it. You can confess your love to someone the night before and have an amazing magical moment and then see each other tomorrow and act the same as before.

Above the drama, this manga speaks truthfully about gender and dysphoria. So many of Kaito's feelings are same things that my friends who are trans. Yuki's identity crisis is something many people have experienced, whether it's with your gender or something completely different. The only thing I wish is that we had seen more of Sho. I didn't like his character, but seeing him more would've been interesting.

Aggregator gang
I really liked this. It’s not a pleasant read, but it’s a real page turner. I’m glad that I was able to read it over a few days, it may have been tough to keep everything straight if following along with the scanlation team.

The ending
was abrupt, but satisfying. I was a little worried after the ending of chapter 99 that Yuki/Yoshiki was somehow going to end up with Sho (would have been too much to stomach after what he did to her) but fortunately that didn’t come to pass.

Don’t read this if you don’t like stories where all of the main characters do despicable things. How bad it gets varies by character and ranges from harmful naivety to truly disgusting, manipulative behavior. I don’t mind that in my entertainment, but I know plenty of people can’t stand it. I do think, however, that the author did a good job giving the main characters good reasons for doing what they do.

FTU

No one is emotional stable, they're just irrational unstable motherfuckers.

I dropped this at ch 12 just because how idiotic and asinine this is.

The way they represented the characters in this manga is exactly the types I dislike the most.

Anyone who relates to this, should just seek a counseling center and contact them for the help you need.

Ratings? > -1/10

This was a really painful coming of age story, its not for everyone but it is intriguing and raw. The characters just gives the whole thing depth, with many layers that come undone slowly as you reach the end of the series. It kinda reminds me of the manga Scum's Wish that deals with the dilenma of growing up but I can confidently say that this manga did it better.

Power Uploader
@FTU

Of course they aren't relatable — it's a comic about psychologically troubled men that are fucked up in the head for multiple reasons.

Silence of the Lamb was a great film too; that means not that Lecter is "relatable"; sometimes having a complicated, villainous m.c. is a nice change of pace.

Users who are viewing this thread