Himitsu no Reptiles - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Species #8 - The Shedding Tale Part 1

Group Leader
Well translated, well typeset, well done. And quickly. I leave this series in your good hands.

Dex-chan lover
Really glad this got picked up. Thanks for that.

The story behind her hate for small animals is rather dumb. Shitty kids bully her and her parents are trying to force gender stereotypes on her, plus there was a pair of assholes in the pet store, so now she hates small animals? That's just stupid. That's logic I'd expect out of a nine-year-old kid, not from a working adult.

Get a weird vibe from this manga, the subject matter feels like it's trying to stay fairly serious but the characters don't feel like real people, it's a bad mix.

Dex-chan lover
People keeping rabbits are weirder to me than those keeping reptiles.
I mean why would you keep food rather than eating it?

Dex-chan lover
Bullshit, one of my elementary school teachers had a huge lizard as a class pet and everyone thought it was dope as fuck.

I hope she starts to love all animals, though. Hamsters AND lizards are awesome

Aggregator gang
Nobody cares about girls keeping reptiles in elementary school, but somehow the people who keep them always have a massive victim complex over it. You're not going to lose friends over an animal unless you start basking in your own melodrama when people don't think it's very cute.

Double-page supporter
Quick reminder that childhood in a country like Japan, where you're expected to be "the same as others" is way different from the USA, where individualism is greatly valued.

Double-page supporter
ahhh so that's why naga turned out the way she did, it all makes sense now lol

as a reptile keeper i love this manga so much <3
but i also love your disclaimer at the beginning saying to do your own research before getting a pet bc it's true some things are simplified in here and most animals need a much bigger enclosure than they show in the drawings lol, thanks so much for picking this up :)

Group Leader
@ElBichoRaro - Este grupo me pidió permiso para tomar control de este serie. Habiendo recibido tales pedidos antes, y particularmente con este serie, les di permiso aunque me quedé con dudas. Pero hicieron bien. Y ahora una cosa removida de mi plato demasiado lleno.

@Tamerlane all I can say about your hope is spoilers  ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄

@mirp448 yes Nanoya noticed some of the comments on MAL and decided to add the disclaimer. I wasn’t aware Some people felt that strongly about this series... I started reading it because the drawings are nice and I like reptiles but I’ve never kept them so I can’t fact check it

Thanks for the kind words @rpapo

Double-page supporter
@rpapo Sí, me gustó la calidad de las traducciones que hicieron. Imagino que eso te dará un poco de espacio para respirar, porque estás a cargo de un montón de series. Espero que tú y tu familia estén bien, maestro :).

Users who are viewing this thread