Hina Change

I'm glad I decided to read it despite the low rating. The story flew nicely and the characters were well developed. Furthermore the ending wasn't bad at all. I think how it ended is the best for everyone.

Fed-Kun's army
Really thought this would turn into a real dumpster fire, but overall it was a decent take on the genderswap genre and also had a good conclusion.

@Saikodemon Because silly people like manga to be funny and throwaway and if it's ever dour in any way, they don't enjoy it.

Yeh

It's the middle of the night, so I'm going to make my written opinion short.

The story was well written. There weren't many plotholes, idiotic decisions or weird tropes.

the characters felt realistic. Their decisions, reasoning and emotions mostly felt like they were made by real people, rather than some half-assed attempt at a character.

Overall, I recommend it. The story might seem a bit weird in the beginning, but it's going to hook you in pretty quickly, and you're in for a ride. Don't expect a wholesome romance or comedy, but a drama story about love and heartbreak. I gave it a 9.

Dex-chan lover
Started off very edgy but was interesting enough to read, alright ending. Characters ended up much better than I expected. At least I don't regret reading it.

I'm not enough of a masochist to waste my time on a shitty teen romance. It's one thing to be a skilled writer but another to actually write something good. A story where all of the characters are shitty and no one is worth rooting for is a shit story, regardless of how good the writing is. Plain and simple, the story is trash because the characters are trash.

I watched Gokudo and only barely managed to enjoy it thanks to how trashy the protagonist is. Fortunately, the other characters were good and the writing itself was good enough to just barely overcome the trash protagonist.

Making any character unpleasant is going to up the difficulty for making something people will actually spend their time on. Even making the big bad a trash existence is a risk of alienating the audience. You have to both be a talented writer and carefully craft your story to overcome the obstacle created by including any character people find unpleasant and/or unrelatable. Even a good protagonist that is unrelatable can greatly up the difficulty of crafting a story people will read.

The fact is, the author raised the bar way too high by having the entire cast be unpleasant, if not unrelatable, to all or most of the potential audience. Personally, I don't find the characters relatable at all. So, I have zero motivation to get past how unpleasant they are. The story isn't even unique enough to motivate me. Honestly, this is a straight up failure on the author's ability to get the audience drawn in to the story. It obviously worked for a tiny niche but left the rest of us not wanting our time wasted.

Dex-chan lover
@Saikodemon it's mostly about the first impression after that it's quite hard to change the numbers because those people who dropped the manga will not actually continue and at that point the manga will have a higher chance of going lower than higher depending on the ending
and starting it with rape without second thought is quite the first impression

there was a manga similar to this but this time it's a ghost that one also has a low rating too but instead of gender swap it's possession though the ghost is a fking creep

this is why I rarely rate things unless if it's completed or I know people are mass downvoting something like that time a manga with 100 days or one page twitter stories gets mass downvoted I tend to rate it 10 just to balance it out though I read it first cause maybe it's actual trash.

Dex-chan lover
"A story of secret love from an outstanding writer."
Literally the author has only had two manga published. This and another one which is about some lazy girl being dragged around in a SoL comedy that only lasted a single volume. Where... exactly... do they get the "outstanding writer" from?

If you interested, theres NO SEXUAL VIOLENCE in this manga. Its really good, well done and you can read all in one sitting. Theres no reason for this low rate. Its a solid 7,5~8 and I dont think anyone that like the genre will regret reading this.

There is sexual content, but no sex scenes, and I wouldn't call it sexual violence. It's a compelling enough drama with solid themes. I think the characters could have more chemistry though, their interactions seem a little... cliche? Not sure if that was the right word, but I was not very emotionally invested in their relationships. I read it rather quickly in one sitting, so that might have affected my opinion. All in all, I would recommend it.

I can't keep reading this one, but not because of anything actually being wrong with it itself. It hurts to read, but in an unsettlingly satisfying way, like picking at a scab or popping zits. The emotions are heavy, and there's little in terms of relief. It's a rough ride that painfully echoes the feelings of young mistakes and relationships. If you can handle it ok, I'd bet it would be a rewarding read.

To the one who said it hurts to read I agree bro this shit hurt my head im also stealing your profile picture thanks lol./ Back to the manga its like a rolercoaster of wtf and omg all night long. I read this tired af so It was a bit harder to follow. I had dropped it back a bit ago because it was too heavy for my mental state at that time. Comming back was the correct choice

This manga is a great read. Who the heck downed rating with 1? Some homophobes?

That's people who rate it after only reading the beginning. I also thought the worst after the first few chapters.

It's much better than the ratings and what the first chapters seemed to foreshadow. It's a fairly nuanced and actually realistic look at some problems of adolescence.

Especially if you consider the "change" as allegory or surrealistic fantasy. Ended a bit quickly, emotional progress too rapid at the end is my main critique.

I don't fucking get yaal fucktards why the fuck ass low rating. I'm going to drop fucking f bombs just for that. Jesus fuck this manga got the fucking feels and bread in french

Users who are viewing this thread