Hinamatsuri - Vol. 10 Ch. 53 - Succeeding the Taste

Aggregator gang
Holy shit, it’s almost unfair how much Anzu drags me on the verge of tears every time she shows up.

She’s too sweet for this world.

Banned
Fuck sake... Anzu chapters are too wholesome.

Hitomi is an obscenely unrealistic standard for daughters.
Anzu is a subtly unrealistic standard for daughters.
Most daughters these days are more like Hina.

Dex-chan lover
So, instead of getting in contact with social services so she can get in contact with a family that will properly adopt her from day one and let her go to school, they deprived her of an education, took advantage of her child labor, and now they are dropping her on the street with a foodcart and condemning her to a life on the bottom of the economical pyramid out of selfish nostalgia.
If I'm crying it's not because I think what just happened was wholesome and beautiful.

But then, since Anzu, Hitomi, and Hina and their adventures are comical representations of the three major economical castes, it makes sense that she would be exploited.
And I suppose it makes sense that she is in no economical position to show anything but gratitude to the people who have been exploiting her.

Dex-chan lover
@Pachka84 Stop speedreading. Anzu refused to go to school. She also was the one who asked to work.
If they tried to force her to study, she'd probably just run away again, as she could just as easily live by herself on the street.

This is quite common behavior for street children. It's a pain in the ass to keep them in foster homes or shelters, make them go to school, respect curfews etc, because they detest people telling them what to do. It's a big part of why they live on the street in the first place.

@Pachka84

Think what you said in the first paragraph is overdemonizing them. She offered to work hard in the first place and they clearly didn't force her to do anything. As with schooling, it's not brought up at least in the anime but I think it's safe to assume they weren't keeping her from school. The more relevant factor to this is the old man's stupid pride and shame.

But you really nailed a good point in your second paragraph that I never thought about. This chapter is really speaking about poverty through Anzu and even the old man's shit behavior. But could Anzu have had better guardians? Fuck yes. Does this mean the couple are bad people? Hell no, I wouldn't say so.

Dex-chan lover
So, instead of getting in contact with social services so she can get in contact with a family that will properly adopt her from day one and let her go to school, they deprived her of an education, took advantage of her child labor, and now they are dropping her on the street with a foodcart and condemning her to a life on the bottom of the economical pyramid out of selfish nostalgia.
If I'm crying it's not because I think what just happened was wholesome and beautiful.

But then, since Anzu, Hitomi, and Hina and their adventures are comical representations of the three major economical castes, it makes sense that she would be exploited.
And I suppose it makes sense that she is in no economical position to show anything but gratitude to the people who have been exploiting her.
I liked your comment bro

Anzu - Low income: grateful to have a job, because luxury was never a reality.

Hitomi - Middle class: working and studying to get "a better life" despite their happiness, because they are told to do so.

Hina - Upper clase: enjoying luxury and comfort out of their parents efforts.

Different situations... Either could be good or bad depending on the perspective they have on life and about family, love, happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread