Hinamatsuri

never fails to brighten my day, this manga. all the girls, from hitomi to anzu to mao to hina... oh God, hitomi... i just couldn't stop laughing. if you need a manga to read, this is a definite recommend.

The ending was too sudden and didn't feel right :/..... other than that I absolutely loved this and it was a wholesome read.

100 chapters and not a single headpat
0/10

But in all seriousness, its a good read. Wacky but normal enough.

Dex-chan lover
What the hell. How was this manga so amazing.

One minute I think I am reading a manga about a spoiled child with esp living with an adopted father.

The next I watch a tsundere character who is just so pure and precious, who lost all tsun, and is pure dere. And onion Ninjas make me cry tears of sad and happiness watching her journey.

Then we get yakuza version of king, making his way upwards via misunderstandings to make us laugh.

Then we get a middle school girl who is so talented and capable she starts literally taking over the world.

It makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you cringe, it stabs you in the heart, and warms the heart.

Honestly it is a lot like eating a bag of those mystery flavor jelly beans inspired by Harry Potter. Where you don't know what you are going to get next. Heartfelt/warming chapter next? Wrong, it's a comedy this time. Cringe chapter next? Wrong it's a sad chapter with onion Ninjas.

It's done in a nice way where the variety is refreshing, and adds to the story.

I don't even know how to truly describe this series and do it justice. Honestly I am in shock of what I just read, that something so wild and entertaining like this was attempted and actually was successful.

I came here after finding the authors recent work amusing. I planned to read 5 chapters and call it a night. Here I am, having been unable to put this story down, adding it to my completed list. "Just one more chapter" with every chapter since at least chapter 50.

This story really is a masterclass example of a good character driven story. There is some plot and plot lines, . The story is incredibly entertaining because of the work that was put into establishing the characters. And even though the story could've been much bigger, lasted much longer, it knew not to overstay its welcome and drag on forever.

There are some that may not like this series. But for those that do, this really is something surprisingly amazing, a true hidden gem. I read a lot of series. Like way too many. This is one of the few that I give a 10/10.

Just finished a binge read of the manga after a few years of not reading it. Felt I could appreciate more than when I first read it, and now I’m sad that it actually ends.
10/10

I picked up the final volume of the U.S. publication. Nice to revisit the series.

It feels unlike so many comedy series owing to its character-driven nature. There's nothing wrong with a good gag series or situation-based comedy, but those typically end up being too contained in whatever trappings it was originally saddled with. Hinamatsuri meanwhile builds out such robust characters that any situation becomes a gold mine for irony, because there is such a firm sense of who the characters are and what their goals and blindspots consist of. The plots become tug-of-wars between characters as they are constantly betraying themselves or others either advertently or inadvertently.

Users who are viewing this thread