Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru - Vol. 5 Ch. 43 - A New Road

@icekatze They had casualties within the illusion, which doesn't translate to dying in real life. It could also be referring to causalties among the troops in the illusion. Actual deaths among the students does not make sense within the context of the story, considering the line "But for the students to retreat safely without casualties" implies that she is referring to the illusionary battle itself, not the physical bodies of the students. Also, I think I found the point of misunderstanding: I am talking about within the context of a world that has magic. Illusion would almost always refer to something created by magic, not real world applications. Anyway, I reread my first reply and it came across way more agressive than intended.

Dex-chan lover
@EclipseKing Yeah and? Obviously Nakoruru meant here is casualty inside the test which doesn't necessarily means there are actual students died.
Remember 1st and foremost its a test, and all they are fighting is illusion with magic inside a dungeon. So died fighting in test = failed exam =/= actually dying irl.
If every year there was actual student died that wouldn't make sense.

Dex-chan lover
@Disguised22
It seems that I can't figure out anything that conclusively points to one interpretation or the other, so I guess all I can do at this point is hope that it won't come up again as important in the future. 🤔

(Also, in the previous chapter, someone calls out that the frontline soldiers are being defeated, so it seems that they probably weren't referring to casualties among the troops in the illusion.)

PoH

Nakoruru face is amazing. It reminds me of that Seiyana~ song.

Double-page supporter
okay, caugh up with the current releases!
Thanks for the translation!

I would feel betrayed in that situation, risk of death for a measly "passing grade"? that's ridiculous.

If its just an illusory world without true risk, then its fine ofc.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Uhhh yooooo it's fucked up that failure for your final exam means meaningless death without warning

Users who are viewing this thread