Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru

started with a good concept but...
[big text]
the last few chapters has seen john gain far too much support with literally everyone, the vast majority of those people having barely interacted with john at all. Everyone mindlessly subservient to his orders, as if their sole purpose is to be a blank sheet that says "hey, this MC is really charismatic!" I wouldn't have a problem with their obedience if John did anything at all to befriend them, but we haven't been shown any of this at all; The only blank slates people he talks to are the few people he trained for his own mental benefit, other than that are some people he got lumped with during an exam. He only really interacted with the prince in private other than one honestly dubious time they simple displayed they knew of each others existence. This leads to a situation that is so ridiculous even the level of suspension of disbelief required to accept magic cannot accept john magically being so trusted. Previously it has been stated by other characters that John is more-so "weird" than charismatic. If there were even one legitimate panel where it was shown that John was made out to be trusted by these complete strangers. If anyone attempts to use the argument "John's father is a soldier at this fort, and their instructor knew this." then I'd also have to state that all of these background characters came from various locations; as shown by the large amount of nobles which wouldn't realistic in a well functioning out of the way town; would likely not even know who Johns father is in the first place- largely due to the fact John has stuck to himself other than characters of convenience. There is little chance that a man who intends solely on gaining power to save his entire town would have the time out of story to buddy up to every single commoner. This would also mean that John wouldn't know anything about how everyone in his school would fight, especially the nobles. All of this leads to this absolute ludicrousy. Although it pains me to say, the arrogant nobles were right to be suspicious of Johns orders, regardless of how well they worked.

I've read this before, but I halted when the translation was a bit slower, which I don't mind. Well, then here I am right now re-reading it. I really like the girl possessing the ML!!! I forgot the spelling of her name and I'm lazy to check her name so lets leave it like that. She definitely got my interest. Anyway, I don't really want my ruined mood taking over this time so that's all I can say.

I dont understand why people dont like it much, its actually pretty good once it starts going. Give it a go and see how u feel about it.
Ps. it gets pretty good in the newer chapters 🙂

It has a good story a solid 8/10...
But its pacing is just so terrible 4/10... End up having to re-read to fill-in the story...

PoH

Tbh this is one of the better Reincarnation - Time Travel manga out there. The MC is not the usually OP MC with legendary equipment. Rather than trying to solve it by himself(like other manga), he relied on other people because at the end of the day the MC is just another normal person, not a hero.

The author also did a great job at showing MC's emotion through the occasional sneak peak at what happened in his previous life. It reminded you that the MC is an actual normal human being that have emotions. I just had enough of your typical OP MC that have little to no emotion.

Of course it's not perfect. The pacing is not the best, sometimes the MC ask a powerful person to do something for them and that person did it even though they get zero explanation, but at least the MC explain why and told them about his past life.

Uwaaahhh this is it! Unlike any other reincarnation manga, this seems very humane to me. Everything seen as a progression, not a ba-bam! You're ultra stronger now!

And how he told everyone touch my heart. Yes. Don't bottled it up, share it! I love that.

i dont like karen just that aura around her is gonna cause a lot of trouble i already know

i swear, they keep changing the cover, i click and realize it's the same manga

Just started reading this, main issue is that even tho he went back in time he's not acting his real age.
I mean he wen't through a long war, lost a lot of people and in mind hes a mature man, so why is he still acting like a stupid child?
I don't like this mc at all so far... and the writing is also a bit clunky... like some disney plot.....

Users who are viewing this thread