Hirano to Kagiura

Dex-chan lover
In many ways this is better than Sasaki to Miyano, especially to people new to BL.
I love both.

As an aside, the novel is... good? The story is adorable, most events are so adorable I was nearly dead from moe.
But the narration is very dry, and our boys talk like they're much older than they are.
There's also a lot of padding. I don't care what they're studying or the content of a test.

In summary: good story, good boys, mediocre-at-best writing.

Personally I like Sasaki to Miyano better as I just like the characters better and it feels like the pace is faster in Sasaki to Miyano.

The pace in Hirano to Kagiura feels a lot slower than Sasaki to Miyano. I think it’s partly because the Sasaki is more proactive and affectionate with his love than Kagiura and it feels like neither of them are actively trying to make progress as much.

In Sasaki to Miyano, the comedy consistently makes me chuckle and the subversion and playing around with tropes makes the story entertaining. In Hirano to Kagiura, the tropes are ever present, but not subverted or played around in any way. Now this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, and a manga can still be good with it, it’s just that it feels like it’s been done before many times.

Characters in Sasaki to Miyano feel less like tropes, while you can fit Hirano and Kagiura directly into the cliche boxes. That being said, Hirano and Kagiura are still cute, but I don’t think they have the level of chemistry as Sasaki and Miyano.

All in all, Hirano to Kagiura isn’t a bad manga, it just had bad luck to be placed in the same universe as Sasaki to Miyano and be compared to it. In my opinion Sasaki to Miyano is a better manga in pretty much all aspects, but Hirano to Kagiura is a new manga with only 4 chapters so far with room to improve.

I've probably reread this hundreds of times this year! I wish it was finished but I can never get sick of this spinoff ver. really fluffy and cute, not to mention the art is STUNNing

i reread it again and died of cuteness overdose for the 101th time.

I don't know about technical stuff but I prefer this cause Kagiura is my favorite type of character

I just discovered this now! I love sasaki to miyano and i am super happy omg this is so beautiful 😭😭😭😭😭🙏🙏thanks for translating!!!

Thank youuuu😍😭❤️ for translating this masterpiece... Really appreciate your work, great job ❤️😍

Dex-chan lover
Personally I like Sasaki to Miyano better as I just like the characters better and it feels like the pace is faster in Sasaki to Miyano.

The pace in Hirano to Kagiura feels a lot slower than Sasaki to Miyano. I think it’s partly because the Sasaki is more proactive and affectionate with his love than Kagiura and it feels like neither of them are actively trying to make progress as much.

In Sasaki to Miyano, the comedy consistently makes me chuckle and the subversion and playing around with tropes makes the story entertaining. In Hirano to Kagiura, the tropes are ever present, but not subverted or played around in any way. Now this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, and a manga can still be good with it, it’s just that it feels like it’s been done before many times.

Characters in Sasaki to Miyano feel less like tropes, while you can fit Hirano and Kagiura directly into the cliche boxes. That being said, Hirano and Kagiura are still cute, but I don’t think they have the level of chemistry as Sasaki and Miyano.

All in all, Hirano to Kagiura isn’t a bad manga, it just had bad luck to be placed in the same universe as Sasaki to Miyano and be compared to it. In my opinion Sasaki to Miyano is a better manga in pretty much all aspects, but Hirano to Kagiura is a new manga with only 4 chapters so far with room to improve.
I think there’s some depth here, though.
There are couples that fit stereotypes, and I’d argue this bucks some trends.
she actually made Kagiura gay, though the word isn’t used.
Hirano reads ace. Grey or not, dude fits the spec. This could be intentional, as sensei put effort into realism (she was relieved when I said she got a lot right in stream chat). I checked with my wife, who is grey ace.
is SasaMya better? I think that’s almost objectively true.
Is this very good? I think that’s beyond a reasonable doubt.

Guys help meeeeeno actually SAVE meee I've gotten stuck into Hirano's beauty 😭❤️ just really can't get over it 😭❤️ I mean who the hell can stand not falling for him??? I completely CAN understand Kagi, imagine having a senpai, as your roommate doing lots of work and help for you, then you confess and he wants to reject you but at the same time cares about your feeling, doesn't want to make you sad and after that he doesn't avoid you, still cares and acts kindly towards you!!! Then even tries his best to considers you if he can sees you as his lover too😭😭❤️❤️
, I MEAN what Kagi expected Hirano to do for him(like 10 second-touch, thinking about being equal and. ..) wasn't reasonable, but Hirano didn't turn him down and approved to do them, and in chapter 17 he even became happy that he could finally find a work for Kagi to do for him (teaching him playing basketball) and giving him a sense of being useful for Hirano(becoming equal)..... And in recent chapters we got to see how much he helped Kagi in his studies to help him have better scores and grade for staying roommateT--T
thank you dear mangaka for creating such a lovely character like Hirano😍😍😭❤️ after reading lotttts of mangas and webtoons, still haven't been able to meet any other character like him

THIS MANGA WATERED MY CROPS , FED MY FAMILY AND MADE ME RICH 10000/10

p.s the pinning is legitimately killing me rn HIRANO YOU MOTHER FUCKER TXYCUFIYDYSTADY

Users who are viewing this thread