Hirayasumi - Ch. 65 - A Heart-thumping Summer Trip?!, Pt. 2

Dex-chan lover
He has no relation to that insufferable book author.
I assume your dislike comes from him getting in the way of your preferred ship but he's still an interesting and well rounded character. Yamada's been around for a while and is still a complete ball of nothing.

Dex-chan lover
Relax man, it's just a normal dude lol
Look I like the series a lot but I don't think it's perfect and that's mostly because it's been dropping the ball hard with Natsumi since the decision to have her take a break from drawing manga. It's basically been nothing going right and her being completely miserable but it feels like it's brushed aside because the author is more interested in Hiroto and the older characters and her miseries and anxieties just get kind of downplayed.

I'm not against her having a love interest but the guy introduced just isn't much of anything. He comes in out of nowhere, acts like an annoying autist and... well that's it. I'm not really given much of a reason for her to (possibly) be into this guy because even in this chapter he shows no real personality beyond autism which when you're dedicating multiple chapters to introducing a character who is, seemingly, a possible love interest to one of the two MCs just feels weak. Someone can argue that he was only just introduced but that's a bunk argument because Reina was essentially nothing more than a background character but the second she got focus the author did a good job of immediately introducing elements that made her interesting.

He just suffers from the same kind of problem that Yamada has in that he feels like a lesser version of an already existing character which leaves him flat and pointless. The author still hasn't found an angle for Yamada beyond being the Tom to Natsumi and Akari's Daria and Jane (except Tom was actually funny) so what hope does this guy have?

Dex-chan lover
Look I like the series a lot but I don't think it's perfect and that's mostly because it's been dropping the ball hard with Natsumi since the decision to have her take a break from drawing manga. It's basically been nothing going right and her being completely miserable but it feels like it's brushed aside because the author is more interested in Hiroto and the older characters and her miseries and anxieties just get kind of downplayed.

I'm not against her having a love interest but the guy introduced just isn't much of anything. He comes in out of nowhere, acts like an annoying autist and... well that's it. I'm not really given much of a reason for her to (possibly) be into this guy because even in this chapter he shows no real personality beyond autism which when you're dedicating multiple chapters to introducing a character who is, seemingly, a possible love interest to one of the two MCs just feels weak. Someone can argue that he was only just introduced but that's a bunk argument because Reina was essentially nothing more than a background character but the second she got focus the author did a good job of immediately introducing elements that made her interesting.

He just suffers from the same kind of problem that Yamada has in that he feels like a lesser version of an already existing character which leaves him flat and pointless. The author still hasn't found an angle for Yamada beyond being the Tom to Natsumi and Akari's Daria and Jane (except Tom was actually funny) so what hope does this guy have?
not readin allat, bro, sorry :thumbsup:

Contributor

Agreed except Yamada is cute so I give him a pass :thumbsup:

Honestly though I don’t see this author actually seeing this romance through and if he does I feel like they’ll break up relatively quickly and just serve as a manga inspo or something like that. Either way not super excited to see any more of them, not like I haven’t had my opinion of a character like him turned around though.

looking at you, buddy
1717479705351.png

Dex-chan lover
Need to develop more of his character before I can ship them or not, so far so dry tbh

Users who are viewing this thread