Hiroin wa Zetsubou shimashita. - Vol. 8 Ch. 75

Dex-chan lover
So, the other god is in control of the raid bosses?
Or is this in addition to the other team's players?

Man, the rules are so vague they can do anything, such a Kusogame

Dex-chan lover
"the rules are so vague they can do anything"

That is everything this mangaka writes. "oops, I've written myself into a corner again, better asspull my way out"

Dex-chan lover
Evidence continues to mount that Akiba‘s skill level wasn’t ever necessary for advancing. Undoubtedly the author will add something to make him necessary, but I’m more concerned about if the rest of the alliance is gonna get carried by our current team as that’s gonna make things harder if the rest of the good players (top ten or whatever) in the original game are from that other district.

I’m also a little confused here. The pedobear god said they made the scenario, so theoretically shouldn’t this mean that the other alliance our protags have to fight are empowered an entirely different game? That might be the only thing saving Akiba from getting curbstomped by everyone in 2-10 rank that actually took the time to improve in the game unlike him.

Evidence continues to mount that Akiba‘s skill level wasn’t ever necessary for advancing. Undoubtedly the author will add something to make him necessary, but I’m more concerned about if the rest of the alliance is gonna get carried by our current team as that’s gonna make things harder if the rest of the good players (top ten or whatever) in the original game are from that other district.

I’m also a little confused here. The pedobear god said they made the scenario, so theoretically shouldn’t this mean that the other alliance our protags have to fight are empowered an entirely different game? That might be the only thing saving Akiba from getting curbstomped by everyone in 2-10 rank that actually took the time to improve in the game unlike him.
Hmm, I know most of us dislike Akiba but let’s give credit where credit is due. He absolutely carried the early game.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I know most of us dislike Akiba but let’s give credit where credit is due. He absolutely carried the early game.
There's a difference between carrying and needing to carry. It would have taken longer to get on their current level, but they could could have.

I am assuming basic competence since with how everyone was running away after the first tutorial match, Shibuya wasn't going to get past the tutorial without the partner being somebody that knows what they're doing enough to win. So her theoretical partner is either somebody talented, willing to grind the game to git gud enough for the next round,or already experienced.

Let's take the first raid for an example since that's when we had people down to 1 life. Anyone other than Akiba with basic competence would have made that fight easier. Akiba sabotaged the entire thing to try and make himself look good. Without him, Shibuya's theoretical partner would have found the items, let everyone know, and their teamwork would have lead to an easier victory without a near tpk that was only averted by Shibuya still being active without a dress.
Akiba's main actual contribution to that fight was having prior knowledge that anyone could have looked up on google about the base game instead of expecting an easy carry. Unfortunately that knowledge means almost nothing because he refuses to share it doubled up with a side helping of Adachi being willing to share info.
After that it's basically a matter of practice makes perfect with Adachi as a sparring partner or using the base games for reference. Not having to tiptoe around Akiba and whatever trauma his incompetence caused each week means more time to practice and get better.
Sure they'd have lost some battles like the first S rank one, but unlike Akiba, the rest of the team actively tries to get better or work together. Taking longer to get to S rank just means more time to get better because raids give extra lives to use as a buffer.
Siscon is making everyone amazed and he's the bottom rung in this team that nearly ran out of lives when they started. Akiba isn't the one that brought this team up to that skill level. Adachi is. Adachi's the one that carried and trained them to where they are now while Akiba was running around without any subweapons. Adachi is the one that trained them on how to play the original game IRL. Don't be fooled by Akiba's gaslighting. He "helped" them, but they didn't NEED him outside of not wanting him as an enemy.
That being said, Akiba's experience has certainly helped during times when he just tosses out random dresses to teammates before people can react, but i can't give him full credit when he's the reason they're in trouble most of the time.

Maybe it's just protagonist syndrome or a consequence of most of the battles being intra instead of inter, but the other players all seem weak as a result. Weak enough that everyone could have made it without him.

Last edited:
There's a difference between carrying and needing to carry. It would have taken longer to get on their current level, but they could could have.

I am assuming basic competence since with how everyone was running away after the first tutorial match, Shibuya wasn't going to get past the tutorial without the partner being somebody that knows what they're doing enough to win. So her theoretical partner is either somebody talented, willing to grind the game to git gud enough for the next round,or already experienced.

Let's take the first raid for an example since that's when we had people down to 1 life. Anyone other than Akiba with basic competence would have made that fight easier. Akiba sabotaged the entire thing to try and make himself look good. Without him, Shibuya's theoretical partner would have found the items, let everyone know, and their teamwork would have lead to an easier victory without a near tpk that was only averted by Shibuya still being active without a dress.
Akiba's main actual contribution to that fight was having prior knowledge that anyone could have looked up on google about the base game instead of expecting an easy carry. Unfortunately that knowledge means almost nothing because he refuses to share it doubled up with a side helping of Adachi being willing to share info.
After that it's basically a matter of practice makes perfect with Adachi as a sparring partner or using the base games for reference. Not having to tiptoe around Akiba and whatever trauma his incompetence caused each week means more time to practice and get better.
Sure they'd have lost some battles like the first S rank one, but unlike Akiba, the rest of the team actively tries to get better or work together. Taking longer to get to S rank just means more time to get better because raids give extra lives to use as a buffer.
Siscon is making everyone amazed and he's the bottom rung in this team that nearly ran out of lives when they started. Akiba isn't the one that brought this team up to that skill level. Adachi is. Adachi's the one that carried and trained them to where they are now while Akiba was running around without any subweapons. Adachi is the one that trained them on how to play the original game IRL. Don't be fooled by Akiba's gaslighting. He "helped" them, but they didn't NEED him outside of not wanting him as an enemy.
That being said, Akiba's experience has certainly helped during times when he just tosses out random dresses to teammates before people can react, but i can't give him full credit when he's the reason they're in trouble most of the time.

Maybe it's just protagonist syndrome or a consequence of most of the battles being intra instead of inter, but the other players all seem weak as a result. Weak enough that everyone could have made it without him.
Yeah, I definitely agree that Adachi made the team better in the long run and Akiba would rather keep everyone useless. All I’m saying is that if we cast aside hypotheticals and look at the story for what it is, Akiba carried the early game and was integral to early success. Upon reaching the mid game and later I think his narcissism and ego is a huge detriment overall.

Aggregator gang

Are you just saying any rando would've been able to beat Adachi, because the consequences of not being able to beat her would've been massive for Shibuya and / or her player.

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like this might mostly just be a difference in opinion on when early game is. I consider the early part to be before the S rank battle where they learned about registering teams. I feel like if Siscon could survive as long as he did after getting the raid gear, then anyone could do it before teams were properly formed. Can Akiba do it better? Yes, but his goal at every stage was to emphasize that he was needed for the sake of his ego by keeping or making them helpless. By the time he could carry them due to the new team mechanics about sharing lives I think they were good enough to hang in there as they grow even if they might struggle some.
Basically he powerleveled the group by giving a higher win/loss ratio but powerleveling doesn't automatically mean people can't level the normal way in a game.
Are you just saying any rando would've been able to beat Adachi, because the consequences of not being able to beat her would've been massive for Shibuya and / or her player.
That's a valid point. While Adachi does give losing a life as a reason for helping with the raid, her apparent crush on her or sympathy for Shibuya's situation feel like greater factors in her decision to join in and explain the raid. The damn S rank boss is too big a wildcard for a group without Adachi to reasonably deal with since it sounds like even the base game was stupid enough to not scale to player's level. This makes Akiba's greatest accomplishment for the group as a whole being so garbage that Adachi decided to help Shibuya. Now if we were somehow in a situation with Shibuya, siscon, and Adachi without Akiba as the partner? Yeah. They'd be doing just fine.

Double-page supporter

I agree overall, everyone else is surprisingly weak, which is kinda weird since our teams skipped like 4 ranks, so most everyone else should be fighting with more playtime experience. Though I guess with Akiba and Adachi being like top 3 players it just seems that way.

But I dont agree about the raid battle, they almost lost that one because they were severely outclassed, not because of Akiba. Adachi was going to throw in the towel and just wait the time out and take the hit on the life before Akiba stepped in with the item plan. And even that was AFTER he already saved them with the escape dress tactic. He did almost undo the advantages he brought to the table, sure but luckily things didn't work out for him.
If they did somehow manage to get through that though, then they would have lost the S battle against the middle schooler for sure without him however. He didnt do anything to fuck that up.
But at the same time, losing the battle probably wouldn't have mattered much, the middle schooler would make them his slaves but as we have seen the team of him, Adachi, and Yuu are more than strong enough at that point, so it would be smooth sailing from there, putting aside being at the mercy of the kid as his slaves.

If they lost the raid battle Adachi and Yuu would be down to one life, Adachi is strong so I think she would be fine either way, and Siscon team won back a life just before so they do have a fighting chance I guess, but it's still pretty thin ice for them if they didn't have the raid battle win under their belt. They'd also have to rank up the hard way which might actually be a blessing as they'd get more matches I before S battles.
Well like I said, all in all i agree that overall Akiba wasn't THAT necessary for the team.
However, if we're talking shibuya individually, then I think he saved her hard. She couldn't even find another person, and even if she eventually did, it would be a total stranger. Akiba and shibuya may not be the best team but he made up for it in skill. Shibuya partner with a stranger with little skill however? Even early stage Siscon would beat her easily, he at least would have better teamwork with his sister. And against Adachi, well I don't even need to sày.

Double-page supporter
Mangadex bugged out on me and caused me to double post and there is no delete.

Dex-chan lover
How would the middle schooler make them his slaves? They'd have to willingly join his team for that and only an idiot would do that if they see him using teammates as human shields. Am I forgetting some important detail about those chapters? The ex slaves would be the ones screwed if Shibuya doesn't magically talk no jutsu the first S rank fight.
I'm also a bit unsure about the cooldown timer on the raids, but they seem highly exploitable for maintaining lives unless Shibuya's luck is actually cursed enough to run into 2 S ranks in a row.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
How would the middle schooler make them his slaves? They'd have to willingly join his team for that and only an idiot would do that if they see him using teammates as human shields. Am I forgetting some important detail about those chapters? The ex slaves would be the ones screwed if Shibuya doesn't magically talk no jutsu the first S rank fight.
I'm also a bit unsure about the cooldown timer on the raids, but they seem highly exploitable for maintaining lives unless Shibuya's luck is actually cursed enough to run into 2 S ranks in a row.
Well that was under the assumption they take him up on his offer. If they don't then they'd lose a life, but they also wouldn't have him on their side. I don't really know what would happen from there. We saw them beat other teams easily but that was with the middle schooler on their side, and he's a top tier player. If it continued to just be a three pair team of Adachi, siscon, and shibuya's theoretical partner, I don't know how well they'd fare against other S ranks. Could go either way I suppose. And yeah I didn't consider the raids, because I didn't really know how often they happened. Though I suppose the game didn't actually show what happens if you wait too long to fight, or if you choose not to fight at all.
What was stopping everyone from just not fighting each other once they reach the S rank? They don't get transported unwillingly to the boss stages like the previous ranks, and the raids are optional. Did I miss something?

Also, ex-slaves would probably be okay. It's bad but using others as shields was an effective tactic, the middle schooler is strong on his own, and if he does go up against someone with one life, then they will for sure take the option of being his slave rather than die, which will only boost his numbers. It wont be a pleasant game experience of course, but they'd all make it through, I think.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was under the assumption they take him up on his offer. If they don't then they'd lose a life, but they also wouldn't have him on their side. I don't really know what would happen from there. We saw them beat other teams easily but that was with the middle schooler on their side, and he's a top tier player. If it continued to just be a three pair team of Adachi, siscon, and shibuya's theoretical partner, I don't know how well they'd fare against other S ranks. Could go either way I suppose. And yeah I didn't consider the raids, because I didn't really know how often they happened. Though I suppose the game didn't actually show what happens if you wait too long to fight, or if you choose not to fight at all.
What was stopping everyone from just not fighting each other once they reach the S rank? They don't get transported unwillingly to the boss stages like the previous ranks, and the raids are optional. Did I miss something?

Also, ex-slaves would probably be okay. It's bad but using others as shields was an effective tactic, the middle schooler is strong on his own, and if he does go up against someone with one life, then they will for sure take the option of being his slave rather than die, which will only boost his numbers. It wont be a pleasant game experience of course, but they'd all make it through, I think.

Once they hit S rank they learned to actually read patch notes. You lose S rank and have to start grinding to get it back if you go long enough without fighting somebody.
The S rank fights didn't seem to require permission to start either, so anyone could theoretically dox and target you if fights started getting scarce. No cooldown on initiating fights seems to be specified, so I've kinda been paranoid that some asshole would just spam battle requests on them as an arc.

The ex slaves would probably hit a wall with the human shield technique. The brat was weak to actually taking damage so once somebody clever or skilled enough comes along the entire strat falls to pieces. I think the current problems they're having moving to S rank are probably due to having to change around their entire party setup and strategy. No offense to them, but they don't seem to be too bright either and misjudged having to get good at a different playstyle as struggling enough to need Akiba.

If abusing raid items as a strat was the B(slave) team's other main strategy as it seems to be then I'd guess that raids can be joined at least as often as one enters a normal battle. This fills in the "plothole" (not really one, but I can see people claiming that similar to Eagles to Mordor) of a despair farm using permadeath to the degree it does. Sure you can die, but if you can keep your raid activities going you just despair as you struggle to not stay dead.

Users who are viewing this thread