His and Her Circumstances

Dex-chan lover
If there is justice in the world Kare Kano will retain a perfect 10 rating. It is one of the all time classics of shoujo romance. It has great art, excellent pacing, well done plot, good dialogue, top notch characters, strong emotion. It deals with serious conflicts and psychological issues but doesn't wallow in them. Many manga with multi-volume tankoubon dream of having as much substance as one of the side romances of this. Kare Kano laid down a standard for future shoujo romance to aspire to; few have managed.

I accidentally uploaded chapters 8 and 9 as Volume 2 by mistake - they are actually Volume 3. If anyone could point me in the right direction as to how to fix that, that would be great because I can't figure out how to edit it not that it's been uploaded.

@thathuffbear click on the chapter you want to edit. At the top are a couple of buttons, one of them (the blue one with the pencil?) is the edit button. There you can change volume & chapter numbers, and also groups i think. Hope I can help!

I fucking did it!
After more or less 2 hours of uploading and fixing some dual pages problems like the ending and opening at the same pages(I fixed it by merely uploading that page to both chapters).

I have re-read this multiple times over the years and Kare Kano is still one of the best manga I've ever read.

KARE KANO!! man this just threw me back 10 years into the past lol ?i think this was the first series, along with ranma 1/2, that i purposefully read + finished <3 they were my gateway into manga

Contributor
@DooMWhitex Thank you a lot for uploading the chapters, and spliting them as well. It's good to have this series in full on the site.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for uploading this here. I gotta get to re-reading this one day. This is by far the best shoujo manga I've ever read, and one of my all time favourites altogether. A definite must read.

Fixed the chapters 101/100/102, does anyone know where I can find the right groups that did the scanlations?

Contributor
check the first or last page of each chapter for the right group. When the chapters titles are Kare Kano: His or Her Circumstances, that's a scan of the Tokyopop translation. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou signifies its a raw translation.

Manga Project seems to have done the translation up to Chapter 42 Car of Fate.
Manga Underground Did 43-44
Aerie Scans did Chapter 46-37
Volume 11 and beyond is scans from the Tokyo Pop Translation.

Dex-chan lover
I did not know this continued past telling their parents that she was pregnant...
I don't read anything past ten volumes any more. I can't be bothered

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Aggregator gang
Read the first 75 chapters and can't be bothered anymore. Maybe I'll come back to it someday I dunno. Dunno why the author decided to shift focus away from the female protagonist entirely for so long. She's like a side character at this point. Male protagonist got so annoying in his "sad backstory arc", I was actively rooting for a break up.

I kinda wish I had read this when I was younger or when I'd just started reading manga. It probably would have annoyed me less. Either way, the fact that this is considered the best shoujo manga for some is just amazing to me. Different tastes I guess.

Dex-chan lover
It's could be a really great shoujo but... Has its problems. The Arima arc drags out so much, and when you think it's finally over, then his dad's arc pops up and it's very exhausting and pretty stupid at some moments (if you've read it, you know what i'm talking about, lol). This all is especially frustrating because the moment this starts, focus never really comes back to Yukino, while she's a very lovable and interesting character. Also kinda disappointed that we get the pregnancy thing. I mean why. Author could have had them go pursue their passions after school, and after timeskip they'd still already have a family.

Another point: age gap relationships. I mean, product of its time, I guess, but made me cringe anyway. Especially the thing with Asaba in the end (I prefer to think that it didn't go anywhere then).

If it wasn't for that, I'd call this a great manga. Still, in other aspects it's very good, and kinda balances the more realistic stuff and some of the common shoujo tropes. Yukino as the main female protagonist also was kinda refreshing. I don't regret spending several hours of my evenings on reading this.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread