Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou - Ch. 22

@crismofern I was surprised too when I found it. It's a hentai game by dmm, I, now, have understood why this manga have such a bad story.

Fed-Kun's army
@lashauk
Joke on you, the game is irrelevant to how bad the manga is. And it is, in fact, better than the manga in terms of keeping the original spirit.

Dex-chan lover
> Its funny when Seraria introduced her husband, the guy falls off and ascended to heaven in the most painful way....

> The duel..... Fighting with a sword???? No problem... End it with boxing instead.... Hahahahahaha

> I think this is the first time to me saw someone in other world wearing a full armor who sits down on ergonomic chair...
Now next is, i want to imagine someone in full armor is sitting down on a 500 gaming ergonomic chair instead, with RGB headphone..

MD@Home
@MavB_Ver Once again, it is NEVER acceptable. It is a completely arbitrary, ass-pulled habit, to not insult the word 'convention', that some time ago, some idiot scanlator TS thought would be a brilliant idea and which has been festering among SL ever since for absolutely other reason than "the other guys are doing it, too" like cancer. There is no rule or guideline in any serious writing manual or styleguide that would ever advise to start lines with hyphens, be they line-breaking or hyphenating ones. Any professional comic house would fire your ass if you started doing this crap because, objectively, it's as pointless as fake tits on a zombie.

Line-breaking hyphens, hyphenating hyphens, dashes, indents … if they are not leading list items, or possibly quote attributions, they never go in the next line. EVER.

Think about it: What justification would there be to come up with such an exception in the first place?? Why should honorifics need special treatment over any other hyphenated compound? And why, if they really do need it, why choose a form that makes them look either like something they're not, or like a typesetting blunders? Did you ever think about that before subscribing to this nonsense, let alone defending it?

Fed-Kun's army
@baconcat
I am not defending it. It could be wrong, the auto-correction even tells me that it's not the way to do it.

What I were saying is that I deliberately chose to do it, because I felt the need to differentiate between the newly generated hyphens and what not. You can say that my brain should be able to automatically correct it, but I won't let it.
So this is not a matter of meeting the standards, the rules of typesetting. It is what I do by choice, even if it means I will go all the trouble correct it every time. I'm not obliged to follow those standards, those rules. Using honorifics is generally not allowed in the first place. And I can even choose to not include periods at the end of every sentences.

MD@Home
@MavB_Ver Yes, I'm saying you defended the choice to do it. I know you can choose to do so, just as you can choose to make readability your priority. You know, why typography, or spelling and grammar, or using the bathroom, or eating at the table has established rules in the first place. Not to cite something to tell someone off but to facilitate healthy coexistence and communication, rather than arrogance, anarchy, and anti-social behaviour. Sure you can come up with your own rules about punctuation. Hell, even your own artificial language. Either way, why bother sharing it with the outside if it's to suit your own world anyhow? Might as well call yourself Soseki. And you don't want to be that guy.

Dex-chan lover
@MavB_Ver huh. didn't notice it. not often you find a manga that transitions between 2 artists this smoothly. usually there's a noticeable difference (eg: Moonlight Sculptor). only big diffrence i see is Mobu's design got cooler and Labris now has a katana instead of a longsword

Fed-Kun's army
@baconcat
Now I understand it. And I appreciate your critique. But my apology, I can't meet your expectation.

Dex-chan lover
wait i just realized...90 manga pages? we're THAT far behind?

(also i don't remember this Galtz country)

MD@Home
@MavB_Ver I have no expectations. All I'm doing — choosing to do, you can say — is informing you that your personal choice of ignoring established rules of typography is obscure and unreasonable, and its impact on reading flow harmful and in no way beneficial. And seeing this done habitually, not just accidentally, reflects negatively on you. What you do with this information, including your insistence on continuing with your rules violation of choice, accepting the negative impact on your product's reception and the reflection on the one responsible for it, no less someone introducing themselves as "an inexperienced in all things", is on you.

Dex-chan lover
... People are things...
Unless there is some other classification other than objects that I don't know about.

Users who are viewing this thread