Hitoribocchi no ○○ Seikatsu - Vol. 7 Ch. 77

Fed-Kun's army
I want Atlus to develop Persona6 with Bocchi as the protagonist

According to the Translators there's 10 chapters left.
I dunno who these "Translators" are, but I never said anything of the sort. Just that it will probably end with the next volume release.

Dex-chan lover
@mogu Isn't this chapter the latest? I watched the author’s blog and he only relatively recently spoke about its release.

@artichoke Suddenly ending CGDCT with a male love interest? After that, Aria might look like a joke.

@SOL_rocks Who are salty, lol? Another 20-30 chapters ago, everyone who believed in the appearance of the boys believed that, due to the genre, Katsuwo would never make them significantly important. I agree that this is a pretty ridiculous way to solve the "problem" and could be much more interesting, but I'm fine. In the end it is Bocchi.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath It seems that even the author was joking about it, but it was clear enough that this was a co-ed school. In any case, remember the Love Lab. The main pair studied at a all girls school and resembled the stereotyped tomboy x girly girl, but it ended with one of the most straightest stories in moe manga. I heard that yuri fans in their fandom even years later are salty because of this.

Isn't this chapter the latest? I watched the author’s blog and he only relatively recently spoke about its release.
This chapter is the latest magazine release. Volume 6 just came out in February and goes up to chapter 75, so we're two chapters into what will probably be the final volume.

And I'm not going to assume that just because the volumes have been on average 12 chapters long, volume 7 will definitely be too. There's plenty of chance that the final volume will be a bit longer than the others. That happens quite frequently.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Considering I watch the anime, I don't really consider Love Lab to be CGDCT.
The anime shows male blushing along with the main female characters but sure Yuri shippers will be always there.

That's quite fine, but aspulling it suddenly seems pretty random and quite a sign of bad/forced writing.

It's honestly doesn't require to have a yuri ending, just give the reader an open happy ending where we're shown how far they've gone just the main characters.
Suddenly giving male characters out of nowhere is just ugh. why.

Man, author should've just made it an All Girls school in the first place if he/she didn't even plan to do any separate befriending of Bocchi with the boys...

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath Yuri shipping is one of the most beloved and legit fanservices in this genre, but this is far from the only thing, so I don’t understand why the western community is so obsessed with it. For example, when that scandal with Bandori occurred, many Western fans thought that it was primarily because of yuri ships, but in fact, the original audience was primarily interested in preserving the innocent and purest image of their waifus. Of course, this still somehow excludes male characters from the example, but the presence of male characters does not stop the anime from being moe and CGDCT. The main thing you need is an all-female or mostly female main cast and a ridiculously vanilla storyline and that's it. With the same logic, you may refuse to name the show shonen if there is no ridiculously generic teen boy as an MC.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
I have no idea about the Bandori scandal.
but considering a typical Idol stuff it always tends to lean towards Doujin and occasionally always have Yuri Doujin from it.

I don't think it only applies to western though,
Like why the hell do you think something like Watamote, Love Live has tons of doujins?

I wouldn't really surprised if people make a ruckus about this.
Well, It would be worse if they're really going to throw a male relationship + romance to the main characters.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath I said "not the only reason," not "it does not matter." Not to mention the fact that Watamote is not an idol franchise and the popularity of this manga in the yuri community has its own reasons. The fact is that Western culture has never suffered from an obsession with the innocence and purity of female characters, not to mention the illusions that Tsundere-chan can be your wife, lol. Therefore, Western fans don't understand the general picture of the attitude towards such franchises in Japan itself, thinking that all the problems relate exclusively to ships.

For example, when Bandori's producer was asked about this story, he said that he decided in the end not to add male characters to Bang Dream!, "because romance would complicate the story while I would prefer it to be just a story about the power of friendship and reaching a goal with friends". Plus, in his opinion, it’s much easier for you to sell an all-female franchise to both audiences, as women also love cute moe girls, while guys will look at cute moe boys as a threat for a number of reasons. In other words, it’s easier and better for you to sell the opportunity to more people than to give something objective to only a part of them. Well, unless you are not Nasu and you don't have money for FGO, which can offer both romance/waifu, and shipping without serious restrictions.

Front page of Doki on the Bocchi release post
"Only 10 chapters to go till Bocchi ends!"
I don't write the release posts. All I told ix is "the next volume will probably be the last" and for some reason he assumed a definite chapter count.

Dex-chan lover
So that makes at most 10 boys in the class. Against at least 19 girls. What can I say here...
Also, presenting [almost] all boys in a scoop has a bad air. And Bocchi fainted as if it was only one man...half-assed

Dex-chan lover
@udomsa33 I think very early on, they acknowledged that it was a mixed school (I think Kai tells Bocchi that she has to make friends with even the boys), and then I don't think any male student has been shown or even acknowledged to exist until now (unless there are some in the background or something).

Users who are viewing this thread