Hogushite, Yui-san - Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
I think any work (specially yuri) that manages to go over 20 chapters or 3 volumes is a success and not at all an axe, the fact that this manga had the liberty to progress and even include more characters and side couples says a lot, it could be approaching it's end and still feel natural.
Of course if I could choose, I would like 2 chapters of the honeymoon after they get together.
Yeah, sure, as long as the story is coherent I don't mind it being short. It's not possible length I'm scared about, but sudden development and possibility, that 30+ chapter story, with no sign of ending - will end just like that in one or two chapters. There are some great titles, that are short, i.e. Telework Yotabanashi or Kirima-san & Yamada-san, but the story has to be designed specifically to end at those ~20 chapters. This title? I don't feel like it was designed to end at ~40 chapters. And that's the reason why I'm "scared" - not because it will end (everything has to end at some point), but that the rushed ending will be execute poorly and will leave ugly scar on pretty wholesome story - because for me at least - if it'd end right here, won't feel natural, like, at all.

Double-page supporter
Please don't end just yet. I want this to get an anime (although after Bad Girl, the next Kirara adaptation would probably be either Torimingu, Anemone, or Semifriend)

Fed-Kun's army
Why is everyone shitting on Asaka? I think her antics are funny, and she brings a nice dynamic to the story. Some people need to learn to enjoy the ride, its a 4-koma comedy manga dont expect it to make a beeline towards the confession, the antics and side tangents are half the fun.

Maybe its one of those things people will enjoy more marathoning the series rather than waiting a few weeks for each chapter

Why is everyone shitting on Asaka? I think her antics are funny, and she brings a nice dynamic to the story. Some people need to learn to enjoy the ride, its a 4-koma comedy manga dont expect it to make a beeline towards the confession, the antics and side tangents are half the fun.

Maybe its one of those things people will enjoy more marathoning the series rather than waiting a few weeks for each chapter
You're right in some sense, really, it isn't that much of a big deal. But I think there is some tiredness with the unrequited love interest trope, it's so common in yuri works (I don't really read other manga expect Yuri, One Piece and JoJo's, so I don't know how common it is really, it might not even be unique to Yuri...) and they are the only way that romantic progression reaches its apotheosis, but one wonders if there is another way to bring about this progression, if we can go past these tropes (or use others).

My personal grievance is that I think this manga could've survived and flourished just as well if we didn't have Asaka, the gags with the two main characters worked well enough and were a good enough soil for romantic progression to sprout on its own. Also Asaka has been here since pretty early on, so we've been having to put up with her for quite a while, and her main schtick is that she has an unrequited love for Yui, I think that's the sole thing that is covered when she is on the pages. After a little while it gets a little grating, especially knowing that she won't get with her, and that we've seen her story play out in other mangas, following the same song and dance, funnily enough (maybe this is just me, but another yuri manga I read had a character that looked somewhat similar, reddish, brownish hair extrovert-y girl with her own relationship to the black haired meek love interest of the MC that spans before the MC's story even began, she helps the two MCs realize they love each other, I think they all kind of follow the same design principles for competing love interest) I remember seeing her for the first time and thinking "oh, that's the character with and unrequited love". I didn't think she would be one of the more recurrent characters, stealing from us the precious scenes that Kawa and Yui could've been having in storage rooms and offices massaging and hugging each other, also I haven't seen any bare foot massages yet despite the Volume 2 cover giving us a taste of that, I can only assume that Asaka stole that with her drunken 'woe is me" spiel.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, just gals being....exercise buddies?

Users who are viewing this thread