Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - Vol. 2 Ch. 16.9 - Volume 2 Extras

Dex-chan lover
@Banesephy While there have been some really shifty anatomy going on in this series, that head part is mainly you living too deep in the mango chibi peanut head world. A realistic body model follows around 7.5 head proportions, with adjustment for size (head doesn't scale with body), which the upper pic more closely follows. I've measured myself to 8.5 for a project, IIRC, but that's because i'm tall. And unlike what you said, if you check her palm area, it's slightly larger than her cheek which is unusually realistic or the medium. The edited model is more consistent, but seems to follow something like a 5 - 5.5 head scale, which would make her into some screwy gremlin (srs, you saw a real adult with adult proportions save these edits, you'd have nightmares). The body scale would also suggest her head being like 8 - 10 kg in weight, which itself would make her into a fucking bobblehead.

Tl;Dr: In the purely functional autism sense, the old proportions were better, but inconsistent as fuck with problems of it's own. Now the proportions are way "worse", but considering the art direction and the medium makes it a lot more consistent.

Dex-chan lover
@piroclasta Pointing towards my earlier overly analytical rant, that's because their proportions don't follow their actual dimensions (or really anything lol). Human eye/brain is really accurate in assessing that stuff (pending another rant about social evolution), so them being wonky can really throw you off. Just grabbing a scale slider and using it to make larger and smaller humans doesn't simply work. Another part is their shoulder widths ranging from roblox to stick figures, not the head size per se.

I still really like some of the artists detail work.

Group Leader
the small heads have bothered me so i'm glad they're correcting them for the collected releases

Users who are viewing this thread