Hokkaidou no Geneki Hunter ga Isekai ni Hourikoma Rete Mita ~Elf Yome to Meguru Isekai Shuryou Life~

Great Manga. Great Translation. Thanks to both the Author and Translator. 🙋🙋🙋

This story could easily be about an out-of-place Elven girl wishing to her god for a companion for the rest of her short life.
(She could simply be an half-elf) But that wouldn't fit well for this mostly young male audience, right? 🤓

Dex-chan lover
From what little research I have done due to the comments on this manga, I have come to the conclusion that Japan has extremely low Deaths by Gunshots, as well as an extremely low number of gun holders, and the only guns legally allowed to own are guns for Hunting and Sports Shooting, and even then you have to go through rigorous amounts of testing, questioning, and background checking before possibly being granted a hunting/sports gun. It is thanks to this that, even during full-on Molotov-throwing riots, the police in Japan would often - if not always - prefer more body armor over using their guns.
I have also found that you can't own a gun in Japan unless you are 20 years of age or older and that some statistics claim that 65% of the 190,000 registered Hunters back in 2010 were 60 years or older.
I also found that many have shot targets with special slugs at 100 to 200 yards, and this one specific review article state it is "a 300-yard deer murdering machine." This article's reviewer used an x9 scope for his shooting, as well.
A Trophy Copper Sabot Slug 12 Gauge, - which I believe is a variation of, if not the same as, the 12 gauge federal copper sabot slug mentioned by the protagonist - can do Sub-4 inch groups at 200 yards, and is used in Rifled shotguns.

Sources:
https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/japan.php
https://www.tofugu.com/japan/guns-in-japan/
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/remington-870-sps-superslug-12-gauge-shotgun-gun-review/
https://www.federalpremium.com/shotshell/premium-slug-buckshot/vital-shok-trophy-copper-sabot-slug/11-P151+TC.html

@Astra_Starwalker I gotta applaud your research and information. It's spot on. Now, that being said, he fired shot at the wolves in chap 2 - Crimp on the empty case gives it away. Sadly, with ammo prices being the way they are, he's got no better luck than us!

Dex-chan lover
@DemonHide Thanks for the praise, I figured with all the discussion going on, someone would have to do the research :p
Checking the chapter once again, I find that each shot is 300 Yen, which equates to $2.89 a shot.
My question is, how will he be earning money to pay the Goddess for the shots since he is in a different world and it doesn't have the same currency as his previous world, the world where the hunting store is that the Goddess works at.
He's already spent three shots, which equates to 900 Yen, or $8.67, not to mention all the salt and other things he purchased while testing out the bag's capabilities.

Dex-chan lover
@RunUpCrust I think she said he had been out for three days, so that means it is technically marriage on the fourth day, but still, I guess some people are just fated to be married xD

I assume he’s going to go to the human town then happens to buy a beastman slave, meeting the princess, and maybe even saving someone being harassed by some thugs. Soon will meet the demon lord and defeat em with some OP ability

This is the most generic PoS ever, I’ve seen ads with a better plot. What is the obsession of guns in magic worlds? I can write off most of this trash as mediocre isekai, but the RIFLE SCOPE, on a SHOTGUN!? There is no redemption for this crime. You bring shame to your family protag-kun -__- Great Shame...

Group Leader
Please stop changing raw link the one listed has comments which are helpful with the terminology

Dex-chan lover
@ftwparker

Edit: A lot of this is also explained in chapter 1.2 end credit page or in the 1.1 comment section

Shotgun slugs are a thing and can get pretty accurate on over 150 yards ( a bit bellow 140 meters )
Even longer if you also have specially made shotgun slug barrels with rifling ( a lot of shotguns usually aren't rifled and it can increase the accuracy of slugs by a fair bit )
So the 170 meters shot at the start isn't that insane... but it won´t be super accurate. ( his shotgun also doesn't seem to have rifling on chapter 1 page 7 which makes it worse on long ranges )

There are even red dot sights made for "sniping" with shotguns.
Usually for 12 gauge hunting shotguns, so a Telescopic sight also isn't anything out of the ordinary ( even if that appears to be a rifle sight instead of a shotgun sight. )
The M870 shotgun that the MC uses is probably a 12 gauge Remington M870 from how it looks, so it's possible he has a modified version of it.

That said, yeah this is super generic oh my lord.
Gun Isekai CAN BE an ok thing if done right, but usually, they are hot garbage from a dumpster fire.
I withhold judgement until they have 10 chapters, but it isn't looking too good or too bad just yet... it still has the potential to turn out good..
If somebody wants some guns in their power fantasy isekai stories I can recommend reading Manuke FPS ( for the futuristic weapon shenanigans with game elements )
Or GATE for a bit more realistic approach, just to name a few "OK-tier"s isekai manga´s.

i wanna see an isekai with a real shotgun and the dude just going with that thing
btw i just want a dude with a shotgun nothing more no wierd demon lord no waifus just a dude with a shotgun

guy had sex with the heroine in less than 3 chapters. now this is progress

Dex-chan lover
>isekai
>somehow people are mad for it being boring,cliche,same-old-same-old plot
you only have yourselves to blame isekaifags

Users who are viewing this thread