Holyland - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Downtown Boys

sigh.. came to this manga because I was told it was 'realistic'.... so fucking sick of all these delinquent mangas, they aren't realistic. and of course, they will introduce the protagonist's one true monogamous love at first sight in the next chapter. these tropes are in just about every damn manga I come across, I'm starting to think it might be propaganda or a conspiracy at this point. teenagers are not this violent either, they get emotional, throw a wild haymaker with no form, and tear up and/or cry.

Fed-Kun's army
sigh.. came to this manga because I was told it was 'realistic'.... so fucking sick of all these delinquent mangas, they aren't realistic. and of course, they will introduce the protagonist's one true monogamous love at first sight in the next chapter. these tropes are in just about every damn manga I come across, I'm starting to think it might be propaganda or a conspiracy at this point. teenagers are not this violent either, they get emotional, throw a wild haymaker with no form, and tear up and/or cry.
Maybe they're realistic to Japanese kids. There were a lot of delinquents and thugs in the neighborhood I grew up in. They'd usually get into fight, be pressed, and have beef over some of the smallest stuff. The only difference is since this is America thi gs would escalate into gun violence. But since guns are illegal in Japan, this is how things escalate for them. Also from what I've heard the average Japanese teen is usually shut in, so maybe the author thought it would be more interesting to capture the world of delinquents and just got somethings wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread