Holyland - Vol. 18 Ch. 182 - Legend

definitely legend but i have a feeling in between pity and regret i really want kamishiro and mai to end up with each other

Ending left a sour taste in my mouth ngl. Pacing in the last two chapters felt so sudden and rushed for what the build up was.... I’m butthurt man like... ???? </3 :(

Curious to hear other opinions about the ending. Also felt like this was cringy and predictable at times:

Mc cries > mc has epiphany > Mc fights > Mc lose? > mc cry > mc epiphany > mc fights > Mc wins

Mc won? > mc epiphany > Mc cry > mc epiphany > Mc fights > .......

There were some really hype moments tho and I overall enjoyed it!!! Hence why I didn’t drop it and found myself just skipping through some parts. The ending made the negatives stand out more than the positives tho.

7/10, Pls tell me why I’m wrong or what u think

Double-page supporter
okay so he's not dead but he's also not with his friends anymore?? wasn't that his holyland LOL

I actually like this ending, he won't see his friends since he could never leave the streets, also guessing he could not go pro with a knife wound giving an easy target and also a very debilitating wound, plus I'm happy to see that he was meeting with his GF but stopped to save/inspire the next generation, really a good read

Really great.

I'd say my only gripe with this series is that his family(and really every adult in the series) was useless even to the end. Their kid was manically depressed and they didn't lift a finger, not his parents or his sister checked on him. Even if they couldn't tell because he was avoiding them, clearly he was going through changes and something was wrong with him. Once he started coming home late at night, often times covered in injuries, I can't help but feel like most parents would just confront their son about it. He was punching holes in his walls for gods sake. For me it really came to a head around the final arc when he was very injured in the hospital and the police were involved because he was withholding information about a possible attempted murder charge! Even then they were nowhere to be seen. He drops out of high school over this and they have nothing to say about it apparently. Ultimately it was just very immersion breaking for me. Otherwise a great story.

wish he ended off with the pro boxing career (although I'm not sure if he's training because he mentioned looking for gyms in the previous chapter) instead of kinda staying lowkey in the streets as a rumour but I feel like it fits his character. it was a good ending so can't be mad.

Dex-chan lover
10/10 absolute masterpiece. Now if only someone would translate the mangaka's next work, Sousei no Taiga.

Users who are viewing this thread