Honeymoon Salad - Vol. 5 Ch. 40 - Chapter 40

@maniakku
Yeah, Ichika seems really adverse to it. Well give them a few years, maybe she will change her mind. :p

Youko really seems like a mediator or a buffer in their relationship. They were so incredibly stupid that they would probably never find the way to be together without her. Or drift away yet again. I enjoyed her character more, but that's just personal taste. I would say the ending was good enough, they find the way to be happy.

You can go through her twitter to see how they're doing, she's been occassionaly posting topical doodles there for the past two years. Shouldn't be more than five total though.

Looks like the author's trying to work some stuff out.

(if I understand what she's writing correctly, she's been also veeery loosely thinking of doing some sort of follow up ever since her last serialization concluded)

Aggregator gang
This manga taught me a great deal about societal beliefs. As the story started wrapping up, the events occuring seemed so...wrong. But when I truly thought about it, how each of the feels, and how they respond to each other, I realized that it wasn't wrong, I just thought it was wrong. Again and again I tried to judge the situation on the arbitrary moral and ethical beliefs of human culture, but every time, I came back conflicted. This was truly something special, somehow leaving both a satisfied, and unsatisfied taste in my mouth. I guess I should really just take a step back and reevaluate my priorities in life. As I age and become more mature, I will be sure to come back to see how my beliefs have developed. Until then~

Not a bad story but it could have used a little more fleshing out and a slightly longer ending. It was clear the author was working up to a 3P ending but not so much the characters. There were only two points where it abruptly worked it in. The time when Ichika mentioned a threeway on vacation and then the very end after the "wedding". Everything was so abrupt that it just felt like Ichika was being taken advantage of rather than a willing participant. A little more toward showing that it was something they all wanted would have gone a long way.

Double-page supporter
Everything is rushed and it needed to be a lot more fleshed out to be considered anywhere need a okay story. Literally the story describes itself during the ceremony an actual circus of a manga. Youka definitely got better in the later chapters but dear god I can't get behind her at all in the first 25 chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, that was one hell of a ride.

Like is this what they mean when they say women are hard?
Like Ichika wants to love, wants to be loved but also hates being loved. Seems like a kind soul but is the most cruel of all of them 3, not because of her words or actions but because of how much trouble it brings to other people.

Youko is also another one, wants to love but doesn't have the bravery to do so.
Is harsh with her words borderline rude, pushes people away when she needs them the most.
Is rough all around, and is really confusing lol (though you can say that to all 3 of them)

Minori is also one nutcase lol, initially doesn't know what to do with his life and lingers on the past ignoring the problems of now. Yet when he has the answers in front of him he fucking ignores it and just let's the problem run rampant.
Yet he also is the most relatable and responsible of the 3, even when his own problems are just running rampant he tries his best to fix problems of others which inevitably ends up fixing his problems through his growth as a character.

9/10 - Fucking rollercoaster of hell of emotions

Users who are viewing this thread