Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 30 - A Contract wit…

Dex-chan lover
Myne, what are you even thinking? - Frida
Books! - Book horse "books!" sound effect.

"Magic tools require magic energy to make" and what is the problem you are suffering from again? Excess magical energy that your body can't deal with? Yeah, there is no way someone with excess magical energy could ever make a magical tool, you clearly need a noble. FUCK THIS MANGA LOGIC!
Great story for the most part.

Group Leader
Damn that's genius from the Nobles.

I'm guessing the consuming is something like too much magic in the body and no way to let it out, or something similar.
The Nobles have the only treatment and pretty much enslave people with potential by contract.

I can't wait to see if the Nobles are really nefarious about it to protect their status, or if there's something more.

@mahtan I mean that's like saying you need metal to make a bracelet. Just because you have the needed material doesn't mean you can do it.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan thinking about it again, do they ever said that consuming happens only due to excessive mana pool?
it might be due to lack of magic control, paired with a lil' bit above average mana.

it's still sketchy that the nobles keep the recipe for magic tools a secret tho, if their claim is true, that only those with high mana (read: the nobles) can make it.
make it public, and either nothing happens, or the public find a way to make lesser version of it that could save lives.

really can't find any possible answer for that secrecy except to keep that contract with noble thing going.
which implies that people with consuming have some value for the nobles. which kinda contradict the possibility that consuming happens only due to lack of magic control.

Double-page supporter
@unime
Well I got spoiled too from Novelupdates 😅😅
But they're reading the WN version from machine translation or knowing japanese. I don't know if the LN version will have same ending or not. Even Tate no Yuusha got many changes from WN version into LN version.

So I hope this couple can get better ending 😍😍

For those that are questioning about why cant see make those tools herself

i dont think the magic tool was ever created in the wn. But every single thing thats being created that is magic related is made with a magic stone and actualt knowledge for magic. Magic weapons, mounts etc etc. So how do you learn magic? Studying at a noble only place.

Also please stop comparing this with other isekai mangas where you can just somehow use it. Even in some of them there are people actually teaching them magic, or letting them feel it. She has 0. Zero. Exposure here. Everything in part1, or book 1, is about her struggles in the commoners area. Everything about nobles and magic will be discussed and explained in the next books. Because guess why? There is no fxking noble in this part so there was literally 0 reason to include their side when nobody knows about them, nor magic

Dex-chan lover
@mage_goo
I also don't remember when they said the cause for consuming but
someone gave an spoiler that the society uses people as batery to keep the land prosperous by draining their mana to put into the soil
so maybe that is the value the consuming people has to the nobles.
Anyway that "only nobles can use magic" is bullshit and I will keep that untill the story states some acceptable reason for it other than "because the nobles said so" when the story itself tells us how undeveloped magic is.

Dex-chan lover
she really has no chance of ever surviving the consuming the way she wastes money. she sells all her inventions and ideas for pennies and is going to be left with nothing. if she monopolized it instead she could make a steady income and actually be able to keep buying those magic armbands.

Dex-chan lover
@zilentworld
Except you are wrong and she has already used magic and demonstrated that she can feel and control the mana inside of her, though in a limited way. There is nothing stopping the MC from experimenting with the mana the way she did when she "put it into the box".
Also it is not about "other isekai" it's about the scientific method and how logic dictates one should go about it.
The most obvious treatement to a desease that is caused by having too much of something in the body is to find a way to remove that something from the body and when it comes to mana the simpliest way to take it out of the body is to use it. From that it takes that is it is possible to use magic, even if accidentally as the story has told us it happens, then it is possible to conciously use magic and in that way consume the excess mana. That the MC has not even thought of that possibility and just accepts everything that is told to her as the only way things can be is what is infuriating.
All that is just logic thinking and doesn't need one to even know how magic works in fiction to reacht he conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
@Munchy
And yet that is the reason the MC gives up on the idea of making one herself.
It is not like she doesn't have connections to people that may know how to make a magic tool, right?
After all Beno has no contacts that he could attempt to get some instruction on how to do it, or even just give a overview of it so the Mc could attempt to make one herself, she was shown to be capable of trying to do things with little information on how it is done after all.

In the end that is just an excuse to create an unecessary conflict in the story to force her in a expecific postion later on because the Author don't know how to make the story flow naturally. Not that I see any reason why anyone would put themself in the MC position later on without that artifically created necessity either.

Double-page supporter
@mahtan Well, we can't really have our reincarnated MC with modern knowledge to actually be logical, or it'd ruin the plot the author is desperately trying to force feed us (even though the story becomes garbage due to that).

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan

Benno may be a successful businessman, but he doesn't have the connections with nobles that would be needed. The head of the merchant guild also has a business, and one part of Frida's marriage into nobility for the consuming is to get a foot into dealing with nobility. That is why he has all sorts of things at their house (like the bath) to get Frida more comfortable with the nobility lifestyle. There is quite a segregation of their societies.

I'm sure that if guildmaster could, he isn't so foolish as to not thing about looking for a way to produce magic tools, but they seem to be a closely guarded secret. He got his from fallen noble houses that needed money more than non-figuratively broken tools.

On another topic, she is able to move the magic power around within herself, but the issue is that she can't release the power, so it builds up like a boiler without a release.

As a side note about magic usage:
She has used magic twice so far. It is a matter of perception and recognition of what happened.
1. Touching the fruit made it hot (consumed her magic), and it didn't destroy the soil. 2. When she got angry when the kids stepped on her clay tablet, she released it as something like an intimidation.

Contributor
@mahtan @siikalahna even if she did, dont you think the process of making tools is heavily "guarded" by a magical contract.

Also, if even the merchant guild overlord cant get a connection to tell them how to make them for his granddaughter, who is Myne going to ask for help then?

@mahtan
Actually there is one instance where she was so mad at lutz’ brother when then destroyed her clay tablets. And thats the only time she did that. But thats not really controlling it and more of just letting her emotions get to her. Which she cant control. Nor can she allow herself to be controlled because the devouring might eat her.

But lets put that aside. Yes she arrive at that conclusion that she needs to remove it. Hence why she wants to create a magic tool. Also you said it yourself. Its a very limited way. She didnt even know it was mana until benno said it.

Her putting the mana to the lid is just compressing and closing her mana output. The mana is still inside her. She cant experiment with it because she is basically fighting for her life. Also all she can do is either fight by shrinking it or let it devour her. There was no proper flow of the mana on that procedure

@gghhzz

The ln vol3 is out on the official one. So it covers this whole manga. The book2/sequel is a different manga/artist. Book3 is alao different. As for the wn. I dont actually remember but its around 80?

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL
I would like to point out the 'consumption' is a very real illness (and not magical) referring to tuberculosis. That was why EGS changed it into 'the consuming'. Tuberculosis would exist in this magical world too. Therefore, I suggest that you change it to avoid confusion. Blastron translated it as 'the devouring', EGS translated it as 'the consuming'.

I'd suggest you translate it as 'consuming fever'. Even the original Japanese term used different words for this illness, doesn't it? I remember it's a different word from tuberculosis because I was the one who suggested 'the devouring' to EGS with using the original Japanese word as my argument.

Edit: Wait, nevermind. I thought you used the word consumption, but when I looked back, I couldn't find it. I wonder if I looked at it wrong because the word was split into two lines.

@chrisis
Well actually is more of the merchant is below the nobles. No matter how rich they are. They will always be below nobles so they wont be given access to that. The first requirement for nobles is mana. So matter how rich a merchant or how big he is. They cant reach nobility.

Users who are viewing this thread