Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 30 - A Contract wit…

Dex-chan lover
Why does TOOR scans work on so many different projects (these goddamn good people), the wait is killing me... I just realized the manga is way ahead of this and I have no way whatsoever of finding out what happens next without reading the WN, which I really don't want to...

Thing is, WNs are just too draft-like for me to enjoy them... I remember trying to read the slime isekai's WN only to stop a few chapters in; the writing was inferior, characters felt off, and it didn't help that the one who translated it wasn't really good at it (not that I think that's his fault, translating is very, very hard and a lot of work). And when you go from some pretty HQ translation and scan of a great manga like this to something iffy like a WN... I'm scared of being disappointed by the WN and spoiling myself the ending of part one. Anyone else feel the same?

Contributor
@Doodads
Even if TOOR didn’t have many releases it still wouldn’t be faster because the person that translates Bookworm only translates Bookworm and it’s translation that determines how long we wait for a new chapter.
While the raw manga is further ahead than English scanlations it’s only by about one LN volume. The Part 2 manga at least: the Part 2 and Part 3 manga both started at similar times so there is a massive gap between them even in the raws meaning the Part 3 manga may as well not even exist for manga-onlies.
As far as the quality of the WN writing is concerned you have nothing to fear as it’s very good. Translations wise 001-096 is fantastic, 097-103 is similar to the manga translations, 104+ (which corresponds to LN volume 5 and beyond) is atrocious and shouldn’t be read. For comparison this manga chapter corresponds to WN 064-065.
However the above about the WN is irrelevant! Because there exists the LN which is the full, unabridged, edited, and definitive version of the story! Furthermore the LN is being officially translated by J-Novel Club with a new volume coming out every other month (volume 3 came out in September, volume 4 comes out in November, volume 5 should come out in January etc.). For reference this chapter is near the end of LN volume 3.
Personally, I’d recommend just toughing out the wait for the Part 1 manga scanlations to end (or the anime if you’re watching that and it finishes first) then read the LN (not WN) after that because it’ll take at least 3 years for the Part 2 manga raws to finish, by which point the English LN should be at volume 21 (Part 2 ends with LN volume
and even Part 3 only ends with LN volume
). Then to give you an idea of just how long this series is, based on the LN pacing and the WN length
(which is 677 chapters) the LN should be 32/33 volumes long by the time it is over

Power Uploader
@Doodads I'd like to address that the fact that we works on so many projects is irrelevant to Bookworm's release speed - Fulldiver does not translate any other series so he's 100% committed to Bookworm, and I always give Bookworm the highest priority, dropping anything I'm doing in middle to edit it if need to (In fact I skipped scanlating Mighty Heart this week to TS chapter 31). THE MAIN PROBLEM, here is two factors. First, Fulldiver has a full time job and he's only able to do 1-2 pages per days, depending on whether or not he can find some spare time. Second, we are not able to obtain Part 2's raw monthly, so it's in Fulldiver's wish that we stay with monthly release in order for Volume Edition to come out on time when we finish the previous one.

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL and @Nighthawlc thank you for going out of your ways to give me this info! I can't really afford official LNs right now (University literally just emptied my bank account T_T ), so I'm gonna tough it out for at least part 1. Might end up reading WN later if I can bear to lose Maïne's adorable expressions. Huge props to Fulldiver btw, don't know if he reads these but thank you anyways!

Just in case I wasn't clear enough, even if the releases WERE slowed down by other projects I wouldn't be complaining. There's nothing more frustrating than a manga never being transated for whatever reason, and everything has a fanbase so I'm just glad you guys are giving some love to so many projects.

Power Uploader
@Doodads It's alright, we weren't very consistent with our release speed to begin with (such as 29.5 and 30 being just one week apart). I'm aware that readers wish to catch up to current raw as fast as possible and trust me, we'd love to release fast too, but after 7 months there still haven't been any more help for us, the team is still 3 people (Fulldiver, Matakor/SteelSkull and me) so we really didn't have much choice other than trying to keep at least monthly release.

I just binged read this until recent translated chapter >< thank you so much translators!! Also, maybe it’s an obvious hint but the exploding seed thing probably absorbed her magic and grew which means she has magic!? So, it seems she might be able to cure either by using the seed/creating magical item/use magic anw to output it from her system. Honestly, this is not a mystery manga so it doesn’t matter what the author specifically for her survival. I love this manga not just for its plot but also its execution (characters/drawing/flow/details) I’m fangirling @.@

@Vov9 I did something similar, after episode 2 of the anime I binged the whole manga to this point and my mind was blown. This might be the best manga I have read and while I still like the anime, it clearly shows some weaknesses in world building and character development because of (probably necessarily) cut content.
I think it is clear that she has magic, that is the whole reason for her fever to begin with and it makes a lot of sense that seed took her magic instead of taking it from the earth (and killing that space) to grow. The question is can she use this to extend her life by having something sucking her magic that threatens to consume her.
Clearly the nobles know something others don't, because they are the ones that use magic.
I hope the anime gives this a little bit of a push for the translation team, because it is seriously hard to wait (thankful as I am for them).

Power Uploader
@blubwolf As of now we're in good pace to finish Part 1 and start Part 2 by Dec 2019-Jan 2020, but I can't really say we can speed up or not at this point. The chapters have become more and more text-heavy and tons of redraw work, so there's not much we could do with only three people.

@ronbwl What I meant is that you might get more help with the release and additional interest in the anime and with more help a bit of a speed up. Don't worry about me though, I'm just happy that someone is bringing this to us at all and I know how hard translation work is.
(I do some translation work on the side, but unfortunately not in any area that I could help with anything Japanese.)

Contributor
@blubwolf
I hope the anime gives this a little bit of a push for the translation team, because it is seriously hard to wait (thankful as I am for them).
If you really don't want to wait you can always pick up the LN, which has no cut-content (the manga is itself an adaption so content is inevitably cut).
The rest of the Part 1 manga corresponds to material from LN volume 3 and J-Novel Club (the official English publisher) will release LN volume 4 next month (which is already already ahead of even the raw for the Part 2 manga with its current 12 chapters). They release a new LN volume every other month, or if you're a subscriber you get a new set of (temporarily available) LN chapters each week once they start translating a volume. I'll add more dates below under a spoiler tag.
LN Volume 1 translation parts start releasing = 2019-03-17
LN Volume 1 translation parts finish releasing = 2019-04-23
LN Volume 1 eBook goes on sale = 2019-05-20
LN Volume 1 paperback goes on sale = 2019-09-03

LN Volume 2 translation parts start releasing = 2019-05-10
LN Volume 2 translation parts finish releasing = 2019-06-19
LN Volume 2 eBook goes on sale = 2019-07-09
LN Volume 2 paperback goes on sale = 2019-11-05

LN Volume 3 translation parts start releasing = 2019-07-02
LN Volume 3 translation parts finish releasing = 2019-08-22
LN Volume 3 eBook goes on sale = 2019-09-02
LN Volume 3 paperback goes on sale = 2020-01-07

LN Volume 4 translation parts start releasing = 2019-09-21
LN Volume 4 translation parts finish releasing = 2019-10-19
LN Volume 4 eBook goes on sale = 2019-11-10
LN Volume 4 paperback goes on sale = 2020-03-03

@nightawlc
I know the LN is out there, but there is a reason I went for the manga.
I prefer the visualization a manga brings and I read for a living which makes it hard for me to read 'for fun'.
Also as far as I can understand this the LN are all digital, something I dislike, if I read a book I prefer a paper version (and being in Europe makes that even less likely to happen).
Long story short, there are reasons for me to prefer the manga and my hope still stands.

Contributor
@blubwolf (you spelt my name wrong so I didn't get a ping)
You're wrong about the LN being digital only, in fact if you look under that spoiler tag in my previous comment you will see the English release dates for physical volumes which are released later than the eBooks. Also I don't know where in Europe you are but you can get the physical releases on Amazon.de, Amazon.uk, Amazon.it, Amazon.es.
But if you aren't happy with anything other than a visual medium then that's fine, I'm not going to try to convince your to read the LN.

@Nighthawlc Sorry for the typo ...
To be fair, I looked at amazon before I even read any of the manga, but amazon is a freaking mess.
It is very hard to see who the actual seller of a product is, what versions are available and what language it is.
With Ascendence of a Bookworm as the title you can at least eliminate the Japanese version, but that doesn't clean up the rest.
It doesn't help the confusion that there are multiple parts of a single volume.
Part 1 Vol 1 is already available in paperback (english)
Part 1 Vol 2 is scheduled for November 5 2019
Part 2 Vol 1 is scheduled for April 7 2020
Part 1 Vol 3 is scheduled for January 7 2020
Part 2 Vol 2 is scheduled for June 2 2020

Sorry for the spam, but I couldn't stop and listed every LN paperback I found. I couldn't stop looking at this mess which has kind of a confusing beauty to it, as little sense as it makes. With Part 2 of Volume 1 releasing after Part 1 of Volume 2 or even Part 1 Volume 3, something is clearly not in order. :D
That there are different part of single volumes makes no sense in the first place, isn't the whole reason for a Volume to be one book?
(I don't see this as a waste of time, because it was amusing to look at.)

Contributor
@blubwolf
Huh... that's annoying. They delayed Part 2 Volume 1 without me noticing! So thanks for listing them for me.

On Amazon they don't split up volumes. The story is split up into multiple "Parts" you can think of them as "Arcs" if you want so when it says "Part 2 Vol 1" it doesn't mean "Part 2 of Volume 1" but "Volume 1 of Arc 2". The manga does the same thing: this manga is "Part 1" the sequel is "Part 2" and the sequel to that is "Part 3".

To perhaps make it a bit clearer:
Part 1 Volume 1 = Volume 1
Part 1 Volume 2 = Volume 2
Part 1 Volume 3 = Volume 3
Part 2 Volume 1 = Volume 4

@Nighthawlc
I thought something like this might have happened, but it is still confusing as hell with Part being bigger than Volume.
Just calling it Volumes the way you listed them would make it a lot clearer, even with the danger of confusing the Japanese comparison.

I just took a look at the regional amazon and I don't even want to start there ...
(This might be where my first look confusion came from, because amazon always goes to your region unless you specifically tell it not to.)
There is no paperback is listed anywhere unless you fish in the bowels of amazon (but kindle versions everywhere, who would have thought) and to make it a bit more confusing they put some of the manga parts in between. :D

I just realized that on JNovel it is even worse with Part 1 Vol 1 Part 1 followed by Part 1 Vol 1 Part 2 etc.
Hilarious!

Dex-chan lover
the manga is really trying to look like some kind of merchant adventure but shes really just sellings diamonds for a bag of toast all the time
like she gave him the recipe for the paper for the price of like 20 sheets lmfaooooo

Magic world only the nobles can tool but some one did originally and if you can do magic you not burn up with power...Maybe she can sell something she dose not need to some one else.. like her Soul?

Users who are viewing this thread