Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」

@ispcizero3rd denq spoiler is clearly from the WN, as the LN isn't completed yet in Japan. Also, it seems like that spoiler is also incorrect.
!!!Careful, this is a HUGE spoiler!!! In the last chapter of the WN (677),
Myne, who is now called Rozemyne, is engaged to the Head Priest, not married. In fact, she's not even yet considered an adult, so she's not old enough to marry yet, and there's no adoption either as far as I know.

@ispcizero3rd WN ended in march 2017. The author then continued with a spin-off sequel with another MC (character introduced in a later arc of Bookworm), that spin-off is still ongoing.
The whole story is 5 arcs long, but the names of the arcs are huge spoilers, like you can already see from the name of the second arc (Apprentice shrine maiden). So I strongly advise not to look for the names of the arcs.
As for your specific question in the spoiler tag:
The last chapter was at the time of Lutz coming-of-age, so Lutz and Myne are both 15 in the last chapter.
More detailed spoiler, be careful as this gives away much more:
Due to some shenanigans, Myne changed identity during the course of the story, and is now called Rozemyne, and that persona is one year younger. So even if the character is biologically 15, to the world she is 14.

Contributor
@daedalron
The plan is for Ferdinand to adopt Letiza after he and Rozemyne get married.

@ispcizero3rd
The WN ended in March 2017 (but there is a spinoff sequel and the author may continue after the LN finishes adapting the WN).
Rozemyne is 14 at the end so Myne would be 15 at the end. The last arc is 第五部 女神の化身 which can be translated as Part 5 Incarnation of the Goddess. If you want more details go to the NovelUpdates Forums or Reddit.

Dex-chan lover
@Nighthawlc hole shoot you just drop a huge bomb
whats with the bittersweet ending ? and WTH she regressed by erasing her memory ? wtf, i havent read much, does the spinoff show rosmyne a alot and her when she's adult ?

Contributor
@ispcizero3rd
Please make either make a Reddit account or a NovelUpdates account and ask any further questions there. It's not good to clog up this manga thread with WN spoilers so I'm probably not going to respond to you again.
The ending isn't bittersweet at all: it's pure sweet if you actually read it. The memory loss thing is only temporary (it's also only of memories that are more important to her than books) and doesn't even last long. In the spinoff Rozemyne appears but she doesn't appear that much and she is still only 14.

you guys should just edit and delete the spoilers, I myself didnt want to read but my hand click and my eye reads even me not wanting.

@ispcizero3rd i'm not sure, i read it from other person's comment in the part 3 manga's raw comment section. @daedalron
maybe you're right, it's been so long since i read the commnet about it, the thing about the adoption that i remember is that mayne is just a little older than her adoptive daughter/son that she teach her about..i forgot abot what. and mayne is on long distance relationship with the head priest, oh god i forgot many thing. maybe it's me who mistaken or the one who comment about it that was wrong. [spoiler/] sorry if my english is bad

Dex-chan lover
Wait...
Is the artist for part three (this part) different from part one and two?

Contributor
@Ti0
Is the artist for part three (this part) different from part one and two?
You posted on the wrong page; this part is Part 2 and not Part 3.
The artist for the Part 1 and Part 2 manga is Suzuka.
The artist for the Part 3 manga is Ryo Namino.
The reason why Part 3 has a different artist is that in Japan it is being released simultaneously with the Part 2 manga and thus requires a different artist to split the workload.

Dex-chan lover
While I like this series well enough, I don't get the dilemma of the MC.

Or I get it, but if her problem is that she has too much magical power, there has to be more ways to expel it. Or something besides just giving it to the church. Fire lightning off, blow the wind, learn healing, something!

I also get she's a book obsessed otaku and this isn't some battle manga, but come on. At least some body strengthening methods should be available, right?

@chojinra

I don't think learning magic is a simple as it in other series, and with the level of realism this manga is going for, I think reckless discharging of magic will be frowned upon just as reckless discharging of a firearm is. Besides, magical alternatives have already been proposed but have been established as being too expensive for her social class. Yeah, we could just handwave it off in simpler ways as other Fantasy manga do, but for me it wouldn't be as interesting and creative as the way the author has chosen to deal with it here. Good uses of magic in fiction shouldn't be able to solve every problem in fiction. Otherwise, it would be much harder to create conflict in the story

Dex-chan lover
@JojoReference

I get that, and it does make the story interesting, but there has to be something she can do to at least improve her physicality. Or try to focus, manage, or control the power that’s trying to kill her.

I think I prefer if MCs take more active than passive steps to improve their situations.

I'm not sure how interested I am in an extended "The Temple are a bunch of repellent cunts" arc. Waiting for the inevitable reveal that the dark secret of the orphanage directors office involves sexual violence of various kinds.

Just noticed that covers give small glimpses of things that will happen in the volume if you payatention.
That's neat, Other manga should think about do stuff like that as well, rather then random splash art.

@chojinra
Was magic explained? Maybe because she is of common birth, she can't expel magic without a tool - lacks the ability to do that. Also I don't remember if they had such magic - maybe all their magic has to be channelled through an object to be safely used. When she attacked the Chief priest, she didn't feel better after that, right?
And the things she has to do to achieve her goals make the series interesting, in my opinion. Having the option to Kamehameha her condition away, would be very stupid and lazy. Of course, the deus ex machina is strong with this one (Myne met a girl, who had the tool to save her, and she liked her enough, to waste one on lower class citizen), but that can't be helped.

@okami6663
One theory I have is that human beings act sort of like magic devices that you can channel magic energy into. But similar to how magic devices eventually break down from use, channeling it into a human has a destructive effect.

Users who are viewing this thread