Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 3-bu 「Ryouchi ni Hon o Hirogeyou!」 - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
I remember reading the raws for this third part a while back and thinking the artist is pretty good.

The translation is definitely rough in several places and the missing handwriting-style writing is glaring, but the typesetting is pretty decent.

@7senpai The publishers decided to start adapting the novel to manga with different mangaka for the different parts because if they adapted them one by one it'd take forever. A similar approach was taken with the Higurashi and Umineko mangas, I think.

Double-page supporter
@Parabola yeah i know that but what can I say XD I just enjoy reading it in the novel I'M already so far ahead

For those not reading the LN - here's some spoilers about the latter half of part 2 - after where S2 left off.
Serious serious spoilers
- Myne gets more into the church side of things and it becomes more apparent that she's going to become a target for nobles, so they hatch a plan to have her adopted into a noble family after a year or so to get her some status and thus protection.
- Ferdinand also introduces a new Blue Priest, Sylvester, who is rambunctious and gets all over Myne like a rash. After a while he gives Myne a magic item for her to use to protect herself from nobles.
- That creepy high bishop dude is seriously bad news and eventually out and out tries to kidnap Myne from the commoners quarter.
- Myne actives Sylvesters item but nothing happens....
- Eventually there's a battle in the church between Myne and the Bishop, and then Ferdinand comes in, sees the magic item and laughs.
- The magic item is an adoption agreement, by activating it, Myne became Sylvesters adopted daughter, making her a noble and thus has more protection from the bishops antics.
- Not only that, Sylvester is actually the Archduke of the town, and becoming his daughter means Myne outranks the bishop hardcore.
- Ferdinand 'defends the dukes daughter' at his great delight
- Bishop like super-dies.
- A commoner can't become the Archdukes daughter though, so Myne needs to be a noble. Not in a year, not today, not yesterday. A noble from birth.
- It's decided that Myne is actually the long-lost daughter of Karstedt's dead wife Rosemary, and is actually named Rosemyne.
- To make sure the secret stays safe, a magic contract is drawn up with her family to remove her from their family into Karstedts. Her real family can never refer to her as their daughter ever again, and with her being a noble now, they're almost never going to see her again.
- Myne is dead, long live Rosemyne.

- Meanwhile, Ferdinand does a full physical (manacal?) on Myne to check out her mana flow and finds it's not just messed up from the devouring, but also there's mana crystals screwing up the flow.
- Since Myne technically died at the start of the series, her mana started to crystalise, but then she was taken over and came back so it didn't completely crystalise, but it's still not good.
- There's a cure, but it requires Rosemyne to go ADVENTURING! to collect ingredients for a potion. Since she's super she needs super ingredients, which means super adventure.

Might've missed some stuff since I'm going from memory.

Contributor
@AhoBoy Thanks, that's really useful!

(Do you know, how far are the English light novels? I've bought a few but I've been so busy with chores etc. I haven't caught up on my reading. x_x )

@yukiwa JNC has just released volume 3 of part three (there are 5 volumes in part three), and are working on the fourth.
After the 5 volumes in part three, there are NINE volumes in part four (plus a side story volume of some description), and 4 so far in part five (part five vol 5 comes out in April).
There's a LOT of Myne to go yet.

In terms of manga, 5 volumes are out in English with vol 6 coming out in Feb. All part one. I believe there's a total of 7 volumes in that part. None for part two yet (4 so far in JP) or part three (3 so far in JP). Part four manga is a newcomer with vol 1 JP coming out in March.

Then there's the anthology comics(6), drama CDs(5), and fanbooks(5). And I'm not even counting the 'Junior' rewrites of the novels (rewritten for a younger audience using simpler language).

Contributor
@AhoBoy Wow, that's a lot. Thanks!

Do you think they'll do any more anime?

It's such a cute series.

@yukiwa Season 3 is already confirmed as of mid 2020. No airing date yet as far as I see, probably covid delays.

Contributor
@AhoBoy
I don't think they're rewrites or have any change in language worth mentioning, just that they add furigana to all the kanji plus more illustrations.

Dex-chan lover
Some dialogue parts are word to word the LN official translation lmfao...

Fed-Kun's army
@Sadrobot

Despite that, there's still some classic errors you usually see in ESL people - the incorrect use of the past tense in En from what I imagine is the future perfect in their native tongue.

Dex-chan lover
@niteman555 yeah well, it wasn’t really my point. Just saying that the manga is really really close to the LN almost word to word.

Dex-chan lover
Jnovel picked this up yey, just read it and still upset they cut out the best part of mine wingmanning beno's sales

Users who are viewing this thread