Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 3-bu 「Ryouchi ni Hon o Hirogeyou!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 36 - Hasse's Contract

Dex-chan lover
However, he is loved by a lot of people close to him, Myne literally launches a war with another duchy for him but it will be years before we get there.
Remember that this is the manga, and that is a spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
I am just going to stay away from this discussion from now on. Too many people spoiling things from the novels.

who was Arno?
Exactly. lol

But for reals, he was the gray priest from back in Part 2 (anime seasons 2 & 3) who had it out for Fran and, among other things, suggested Myne use the orphanage director's office with the intention of triggering him (the past orphanage director was a sick piece of trash, and Fran has trauma from the abuse he received there). You may also remember him as the gray priest who refused to notify Ferdinand when Myne was being attacked in the temple towards the end of her blue priestess storyline.

He kind of just disappeared in the manga, but it's widely understood among novel readers that he was killed after the attack on Myne.

Dex-chan lover
Myne coming more to terms with fact that she can't save everyone and feeling less personally responsible.

While anyone can say they wish to save everyone, Ferdinand keeps asking Myne clearly about "how" she plans to proceed it and giving ample reasons for possible retaliation/push back to see if Myne has properly given it some thought after their first conversations about it.

Aggregator gang
I am just going to stay away from this discussion from now on. Too many people spoiling things from the novels.
Some of it is even a spoiler for novel readers that follow the physical releases.
Kinda saw it coming but still(the thinks mentioned in the spoilers).

Aggregator gang
I know that if your adversary can burn you and your family down with like two words rebellion armed rebellion isn't an option, i mean part of the reason both the US and French revolution could happen is because you had a whole class of educated people with no ties to nobility to lead it, here in this world this class barely exist (the merchants for example) but hey a boy can dream :)
I mean it could work if it was done by the nobles. Like in part how it went in my country. just prepare for a war that last 80 years.

Dex-chan lover
Let's assume she fight it. What would realistically happen? She doesn't have enough money to save every orphan in the duchy.
And even if she had, she can't oppose the nobility directly. Not even the Archduke can do that, as evidenced later in the serie, even Sylvester has to be careful how he deals with the various noble factions to avoid beind potentially deposed. (part 5 spoiler)
If she tried to go directly against the nobility to impose her views, that would be akin to acting as the duchy ruler. She would promptly get a reality check from Sylvester and Ferdinand... Don't forget that Rozemyne's status is shaky at best. Sylvester can un-adopt her whenever he wants if she goes too far. And if she tried to go against Sylvester, even after the warnings, Ferdinand would certainly make sure she gets into a quick accident...

Rozemyne NEEDED the help of Sylvester to survive. On the other hand, Sylvester only needs Myne in order to enrich his duchy. If she begins to pose more problems than the money she might bring in later, then there will be no point keeping her.

As others have said, this story is not a power fantasy where you can do whatever you want just by wishing for it. Rozemyne's actions would have consequences, that could threaten her position or even her life, and the lives of her relatives as well.
It has nothing to do with "power fantasy", there are ways to do those things and direct confrontation is not one of them.
One of the things that I hate about this series and especifically about Myne is that she is passive and stupid. There are many things she could have done, even more that she can change just by using modern knowldge to the situation, but she doesn't. Myne has all that false moralistic bullshit to her but she has been using slave labour for quite some time now without batting an eye about it to them "fell bad" about it when comes to other people. It is pathetic.

The series goes out of it's way to show Myne do not need the nobles and there are solutions to all her problems all around her if she just thinks about it for 5 minutes but instead the only way she sees is to enter a slave contract with the church, then let the church break the contract without any severance from their part, then stay put and let herself be used as bargain chip between the nobles because she is useless and can't do anything on her own.

It is not about power fantasy or anything like that, just basic independence of action and comon sense thinking from her part.
I guess the problem is that she doesn't say anything nor does anything to indicates that such pratices are wrong. She could play politics and go with it while being openly against the idea, being subtle in letting others know how disfavored with her they will be if she finds they use slaves woudl already be something, especially with all the innovative things she brings.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
who was Arno?
Ferdinands head gray priest (he was the one that delayed myne meeting with Ferdinand when she was running around in the temple away from the toad right before the final fight of part 2). he had a lot of other problems but i don't remember all the things that happened nor how many the manga actually showed. he was also the one that proposed that myne be given the orphenage directors chambers though for a much different reason then one might expect.

Aggregator gang
I know that if your adversary can burn you and your family down with like two words rebellion armed rebellion isn't an option, i mean part of the reason both the US and French revolution could happen is because you had a whole class of educated people with no ties to nobility to lead it, here in this world this class barely exist (the merchants for example) but hey a boy can dream :)
This is a world where the commoners literally cannot live without the nobles, and their mana. A revolution is impossible, even ignoring all the ways nobles can easily kill commoners, those commoners would all quickly starve to death if they won. They know this, which is why they would never even attempt a revolution.

Bookwork is all about seeing the problems, and finding a solution that is realistically within the characters' means. Societies change usually in steps not leaps. For example, the orphans were starving in the temple. Myne couldn't afford to feed them all with just her income. So she created a workshop and hired them (their payments being money earned for the orphanage). So now the orphanage is self sufficient, no one is starving, and even if/when she leaves the temple they can continue to make their own money.

The entire point of this arc is for Myne to learn what she can and cannot do as the archduke's daughter. She cannot charge in and force things to change, if she does it will fail. She has to learn to do what she can (prevent shrine maidens from being sold if they don't want it), and then plan for the future. It's not that she can't help all the orphans, its just that she has to come up with a solution that is long term, sustainable, and benefits everyone.

Dex-chan lover
She is too young, need more authority to change this stup*d laws. Its something so difficult that even today It happens in a lot of places.

As the author says, its the "correct" answer for the position she is in, but its a sh*t answer.

Contributor
It has nothing to do with "power fantasy", there are ways to do those things and direct confrontation is not one of them.
One of the things that I hate about this series and especifically about Myne is that she is passive and stupid. There are many things she could have done, even more that she can change just by using modern knowldge to the situation, but she doesn't. Myne has all that false moralistic bullshit to her but she has been using slave labour for quite some time now without batting an eye about it to them "fell bad" about it when comes to other people. It is pathetic.

The series goes out of it's way to show Myne do not need the nobles and there are solutions to all her problems all around her if she just thinks about it for 5 minutes but instead the only way she sees is to enter a slave contract with the church, then let the church break the contract without any severance from their part, then stay put and let herself be used as bargain chip between the nobles because she is useless and can't do anything on her own.

It is not about power fantasy or anything like that, just basic independence of action and comon sense thinking from her part.
I guess the problem is that she doesn't say anything nor does anything to indicates that such pratices are wrong. She could play politics and go with it while being openly against the idea, being subtle in letting others know how disfavored with her they will be if she finds they use slaves woudl already be something, especially with all the innovative things she brings.
Im probably just as stupid as Myne, but can you give some examples?
Cuz I dont see many obvious solutions.

Dex-chan lover
Im probably just as stupid as Myne, but can you give some examples?
Cuz I dont see many obvious solutions.
Well I gave one at the end of the rant, using her inovations and influence to direct social structures by subtle ways like showing dislike or desinfranchising those that partake in the actions she dislike. One way of doing that would be to not share her recipes and chefs or "ignoring" the nobles that use slaves, for example. That would be akin to "not sending a blue prest to the spring festival" but in a more covert and political way.
That is not even the most effective method avaliable to her, just something she can do with little to no risk to herself or others.
Every system has the ways to change it inbued in itself, you just need to know how to use them.
But at end I also realized that it is a moot point because Myne herself uses slave labour and partake in many of the "evil" pratices of that society.

Lastly you are not stupid, you just don't know how politics and social engineering works like the majority of people because it is not something you have to worry about in your day to day life and was never taught about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread