Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
From Idiocracy say, "Welcome to Costco, I love you"

Dex-chan lover
Is this REALLY a correct translation?

I know that mangaplus has been caught before making shit up in the TLs.

This chap feels off.

Dex-chan lover
I just want to know why Lemon lied to Sunao that she was a triple-cheating slut. (I don't like calling a woman that just because she's promiscuous but in her lie that's what she was.)

Dex-chan lover
I just want to know why Lemon lied to Sunao that she was a triple-cheating slut. (I don't like calling a woman that just because she's promiscuous but in her lie that's what she was.)
It almost feels like the author forgot about that plot. Maybe the editor said to not make the FMC unlikable

Dex-chan lover
I don't think you're getting that answer anytime soon. That whole plot point I'd say was just a gimmicky soundbite that helped to get the manga published by pandering to the huge neckbeardy market out there (with the whole "come check out the cheating bitch get her comeupance" thing). Once published, the author moved away from that cringey plot as soon as they could, and frankly I'm glad they did. This is now some kinda slice of life college comedy and IMHO it's better for it, although it naturally means a big loss of readership, as the brainrot hordes raised on isekais moves on to newer pastures, ever eager to get their dose of the only thing they can read anymore - bland male leads showing the popular people and hot women who rejected them that they're actually cool and misunderstood. Basically "You'll all be sorry when I'm rich! - the manga".

I for one welcome the day when we don't have to read comments from people who just skim the chapters every week looking for more info about a freaking 13-year old girl "cheating".

Dex-chan lover
I don't think you're getting that answer anytime soon. That whole plot point I'd say was just a gimmicky soundbite that helped to get the manga published by pandering to the huge neckbeardy market out there (with the whole "come check out the cheating bitch get her comeupance" thing). Once published, the author moved away from that cringey plot as soon as they could, and frankly I'm glad they did. This is now some kinda slice of life college comedy and IMHO it's better for it, although it naturally means a big loss of readership, as the brainrot hordes raised on isekais moves on to newer pastures, ever eager to get their dose of the only thing they can read anymore - bland male leads showing the popular people and hot women who rejected them that they're actually cool and misunderstood. Basically "You'll all be sorry when I'm rich! - the manga".

I for one welcome the day when we don't have to read comments from people who just skim the chapters every week looking for more info about a freaking 13-year old girl "cheating".
I mean, I definitely checked this out because of the cheating drama it promised so…

Users who are viewing this thread